Tech Scaling

Dalgaard

Chieftain
Alright I have been searching without any luck.

I know that tech cost scales with the amount of cities, first scale is at 10 cities, what are the others and how many %?

Kinda crucial in building your empire.

BTW I think this sucks, since many empires suffer from it. Germans take great advantages of this since you can create exactly 10 big cities and have infantry before rest of europe has gunpowder..

The only victim of this rule that can reach more than 10 cities without overexpansion is Russia, and they get an inbuilt research boost to compensate for that.

You only need one city in each area to be controlled if that civ is extinct. That doesn't equate to needing 20+ cities.

It's hard to collapse people after the middle ages without completely wiping out their core. The Vikings and Russia almost never collapse for me so that like 8 cities in Russia +3-4 for Viking + 2 in Italy + Athens + at least Paris + at least London. That's like 15 cities plus, Frankfurt, Berlin, Budapest, and a City in Denmark = 19 so almost 20.

Collapsing your rivals has nothing to do with game era. You just need to make them lose at least half of their cities within some number of game turns. Basically, there is a check every some number of game turn. Then the number of cities is checked and stored. If the new value is low enough - compared to the old value - then the AI will collapse. But you might miss that window of opportunity unless you keep track of when the check is actually made.

Otherwise taking the capital should do the trick.

It's hard to collapse people after the middle ages without completely wiping out their core.
No, actually it isn't. Conquer their capital first. Sit back and wait for them to collapse. The large stability penalty they will suffer from losing (and shifting) their capital will send them into decline. It will happen before your UHV deadline.

To speed things along, try to encourage all conference votes that will give them a city that is outside of their historical area.

The Vikings and Russia almost never collapse for me so that like 8 cities in Russia +3-4 for Viking + 2 in Italy + Athens + at least Paris + at least London. That's like 15 cities plus, Frankfurt, Berlin, Budapest, and a City in Denmark = 19 so almost 20.

You certainly don't need all of those useless cities in Russia, not to mention Vikings, etc. I have never built a city in Denmark as Germany, what a waste of effort for no actual production potential.

I know it's not because of the era it's just the fact that most Euro civs (Russia especially) are well dug in and economically solid after like 1500 A.D. I've actually burnt all of European Russia to the ground before and they were still solid stability. France has to be knocked out early because they just get too advanced. England is iffy sometimes they are a superpower other times they are a complete push over. I still don't know y I can't collapse the Vikings considering they are usually unstable when I attack them but I somehow make them shaky by capping a few cities. :sad:

Use German ideas - blitz the opposition. First war targets should be Rome, Athens, Paris, Moscow, Oslo/Trondheim, and London.

If they don't collapse, start razing cities.

Reopening for another question under the same subject.

Been searching the python files for the tech scale definition, but I can't seem to find it, is it in the script part, and if yes, can anyone guide me to it? filename, line.

I don't know the specific location in the code, but I bet it's part of the DLL.

if I could get a hint, like say a variable or something then I could just search the files. :)

Is it Python or DLL?

Top Bottom