Tech Trades: The "Gold Hoarding" Strat

Stalker0

Baller Magnus
So one interesting consequence of the new spy system is that there is no innate penalty for hoarding your gold, other than the opportunity cost of spending it for various benefits. This is because AIs can no longer steal your gold with advanced spy actions.

This leads to an interesting idea.

With tech trading on, if you are not in top place I find:

• Its fairly easy to get AIs to tech trade with you
  • The rates are extremely lucrative (often I'm getting 3 :c5science: for every 1:c5gold: spent).

So the interesting question is....is there a viable strategy in which you hold your gold for a length of time until tech trading comes online to make full use of tech trades?

Obviously this will slow down your infrastructure quite a bit, and likely increase your unhappiness (because your yield efficiency will go down compared to your opponents)....so there are clear costs here. but a 3 to 1 ratio is VERY HIGH, meaning it just might pay for itself in the end.

Its an idea I may try out one of these days. My guess is its probably best in junction with factors that give you an unnaturally high hammer production....so gold investment is not as essential as normal.

• Its fairly easy to get AIs to tech trade with you
  • The rates are extremely lucrative (often I'm getting 3 :c5science: for every 1:c5gold: spent).
Sounds like the right move with tech trading is to pick Thrift or Cathedrals, if you get the above ratio then Thrift is giving 6 times what the science belief does.

Top Bottom