Tech Trades with Gamecatcher.

Octavian X

is not a pipe.
Long story short: We possess Warrior Code, GC doesn't. I'm in talks with Lucky about a trade; I don't know what they'll offer.

What should we be looking for in a deal to sell Warrior Code, if anything at all?

They are Religious and Commercial, which means they start out with Ceremonial Burial and Alphabet. So, we know they have those. I'd go for Alpha.

I would go for the Trading of the ABCs

We should immediately switch our research goal to Iron Working and reduce our research rate to begin building up some wealth that can be used to upgrade our warrior hordes to swordsmen.

Try to trade Warrior Code for Alphabet. Don't be too eager to divulge what techs we have, even if they show you their cards, keep some of ours hidden. We are extremely vulnerable at present, and we don't want to make ourselves too inviting of a target.

Agree, dont show them our card, keep a few tucked away in the sleave.

Getting the Alphabet for warrior code seems a tough sell considering the techs alpha opens up, they'll most likely want something more, coins or such.

EA

Do not give them warrior code. We are all saying that we should attack them, so why give them a tech that will help them get that landbridge back?

I agree with the Seargent at arms(40J), we need Swordsmen!!!

Swordsmen to attack Goonie ;)

Rush them, try and wipe them out. After we trade for a tech(s). Wouldnt want to wipe them out without getting some techs :p

The following terms would be acceptable for a trade with gamecatcher:

Alphabet and Ceremonial Burials
-for-
Warrior Code and The Wheel

Note that we would have to discover the wheel first...

And than with the wheel, we make sure we have horses and than go after Horseback riding and attack them right? ;)

Maybe, maybe not. I doesn't appear that we have GOOD chances of having horses, but perhaps a fair one. Let's discuss this a couple more days.

Why are you even considering this!!! Are you guys stupid! You dont give a nation techs that are going to help them anihalates us right BEFORE A WAR!! Think about it! Why give them the ability to make Horses and Archers? It will be easier to wipe them out without them having these techs. As FA Minister, I will not support this.

Originally posted by Goonie
Why are you even considering this!!! Are you guys stupid! You dont give a nation techs that are going to help them anihalates us right BEFORE A WAR!! Think about it! Why give them the ability to make Horses and Archers? It will be easier to wipe them out without them having these techs. As FA Minister, I will not support this.

I have to agree with goonie about this.

It would be like GIVING them a chance to destroy us.

With the exception of "BEFORE A WAR!!"

we are not going to wage war with them when we have no assurances that we will succeed, or even benefit.

Julius Ceasar once said to break the rules if it will bring you power, otherwise observe the rules. We still dont have any proof that we will succeed, and gain great power.

We will attack them when ready. let us build up our military for when the deal ends.

Thats what I mean. We will build nothing but warriors, then when we have Swordsmen, upgrade them all, and KABOOM!

Top Bottom