Tech trading with other civs

prereq bonus 1+(0.2*number of prerequisites)

Hence all techs other than starting techs will be at least 1.2

Did you take any votes for me Cav???

I'm not following you here... did I mess up somewhere? If so please let me know.

Are you saying that someone (not Cavalieros) has researched Archery all of a sudden??? If so, it indicates that they fear an invasion from someone... interpret that however you want... or they have no strategic resources (and they possibly plan to invade someone weak.)

I don't think they are planning to invade... I think they are scared of someone... Which in some ways, is infinitely worse.

I wasn't offering any analysis at all, just couldn't figure it out. The only prereq for Archery is Hunting and we had that a long time ago...

I distinctly remember Archery taking 5 turns (no bonus) just a few turns ago. It then dropped to 4.

Check our turn logs for turns 46 and 47.

Oh and I don't know where I should be posting this exactly so I apologize if this isn't relevant. I was thinking that if someone just got Archery it would figure into this discussion. Our forum seems so disorganized now that I can hardly make sense of it.

Let it be known

They do not have hunting, ah and archery, and the reason they want the beeline, is to get all these in a trade.

I'm not following you here... did I mess up somewhere? If so please let me know.

Oh and I don't know where I should be posting this exactly so I apologize if this isn't relevant. I was thinking that if someone just got Archery it would figure into this discussion. Our forum seems so disorganized now that I can hardly make sense of it.
No way, you did not mess anything up...:thumbsup: I dont know if you even noticed, but I gave you the authority to cast my vote for me while I was out of town, since there were so many critical isssues going on at once. It does not seem like there was a vote on anything so it did not mater afterall.

I agree about the forum... I think we need a seperate thread to argue and fight over the next 3 -5 technologies we will research, and in what order. The Tactics thread is getting cumbersome and confusing as our civ gets bigger / more complicated. I will make the thread unless someone else either makes it, or objects to it, in the next day or so.
They do not have hunting, ah and archery, and the reason they want the beeline, is to get all these in a trade.
It is starting to seem more and more like we should be trying to get Alpha ASAP and tell Cavalieros that we want to get all the techs they have that we don't and give them the same... Am I missing something? I usually like to be more cautious in multiplayer, but it seems like this is the way we are headed... Correct me if I am wrong.

It all depends on Cavaleiros right now, if they are going for feudalism via oracle or not.

It all depends on Cavaleiros right now, if they are going for feudalism via oracle or not.

I think they are. So by turn 70, with the trades with team Cav we should have the following techs:

Researched ourselves:
All starting techs
Animal Husbandry
Pottery
Writing
Alphabet
Code of Laws

Traded with Team Cav:
Meditation
Priesthood
Monarchy
Feudalism
Sailing

So if we meet a third civ in 10-15 turns what would we want them to research for us?

Metal Casting and Iron Working would be on my list. Probably Polytheism as well (so we can get Literature). If they have writing (or we give it to them) they could also go for Mathematics. Having CoL, Maths and Feud means we can tech Civil Service with the max prereq bonus (1.6) and get to run bureaucracy early. If we already have an Academy in the capital that will means lots of :science::science::science:

Thing is though, we also want to get Great Library (and maybe Aesthetics too) so what would be the best way to do that??

Any ideas who we'd want for our third partner? Ideally we want a junior partner, one that Team Cav and ourselves could jettison once the two team alliance is pulverized. My initial thought is that we would not want SANCTA as a third. I think they will be on par (if not above) both us and Team Cav. I'd rather see SANCTA getting dusted relatively early on the wrong end of a 3 vs. 2 set up.

I think they are. So by turn 70, with the trades with team Cav we should have the following techs:

Researched ourselves:
All starting techs
Animal Husbandry
Pottery
Writing
Alphabet
Code of Laws

Traded with Team Cav:
Meditation
Priesthood
Monarchy
Feudalism
Sailing

So if we meet a third civ in 10-15 turns what would we want them to research for us?

Metal Casting and Iron Working would be on my list. Probably Polytheism as well (so we can get Literature). If they have writing (or we give it to them) they could also go for Mathematics. Having CoL, Maths and Feud means we can tech Civil Service with the max prereq bonus (1.6) and get to run bureaucracy early. If we already have an Academy in the capital that will means lots of :science::science::science:

Thing is though, we also want to get Great Library (and maybe Aesthetics too) so what would be the best way to do that??

I would push a third civ for mathematics, in the time we research CoL...then we can have math as well in turn 70....so next tech we could go civil service straight away

Regarding great library...I want it as well..but fast civil service is more important...we can go literature way after civil service

Any ideas who we'd want for our third partner? Ideally we want a junior partner, one that Team Cav and ourselves could jettison once the two team alliance is pulverized. My initial thought is that we would not want SANCTA as a third. I think they will be on par (if not above) both us and Team Cav. I'd rather see SANCTA getting dusted relatively early on the wrong end of a 3 vs. 2 set up.
Donsig and I are in almost total agreement on this strategy.

The only difference I would take with this, is that while I PREFER to make the third ally a weak, easily dispensible partner, I would gladly partner up with whoever we or Cavalieros meets next. I would also PREFER to partner up with someone WE meet next, as opposed to who Cavalieros meets next...

I recognize that SANCTA is a strong team that we want elimminated sooner as opposed to later, but I also think we take a huge gamble by waiting (even a couple of turns) to form a three team alliance. Everyone has to be thinking the same thing as we are, so this is a desperate race to get three against two... right?

We may just have to get rid of SANCTA through a :backstab:

We need to remeber that in alliances like this you progress fast in techs...so it is EXTREMELY important that you grab the land before your alliance partners do...or you are locked in an alliance with the smaller land..

I think we're getting a little OT here but I agree in general with the points made.

I would rather SANCTA weren't the 3rd member but I would prefer to have them as an ally than wait and find ouselves against SANCTA and 2 allies!

Let's discuss land grabbing and other plans for how to survive being the middle member of an 3-way alliance in the long-term strategy thread :)

Top Bottom