Tech Tree Help

I've used the AOL IM before. Again, instant messengers proved too addictive for me in the past, so not sure if I want to download any of them again.

Ah, ok, I understand what you are saying now.

Oh, and I think the old tech tree is going to work well now. I didn't see the image that Pembroke posted, I think I can use that one very easily.

Pap

Any comments, feedback, help, etc. which you wish to talk about on my ACW scenario, feel free to post in either the thread on it out here in main C&C (on second page), or in the Completed Scenarios thread.

Yes, I like his idea of splitting it into 4 eras, seems much easier, and it should be easier to do artillery, infantry, etc. within the 4 eras as well.

Very interisting stuff... Wich program did you use?? That looks like I program I could use...

How does "super heavy tanks" lead to "super heavy tank"?

Improved heavy tanks and Improved heavy tank?

Heavy tanks and Heavy tank?

How do you turn something like that into something which you can put into the editor?

Think of Super Heavy Tanks as the prototype or the blueprints to make the unit, and then, Super Heavy Tank would be actually being able to put the tank into production.

They aren't spelled the same, there is no problem adding them into the editor.

Pap

Ah, that makes sense. Alot of tanks had prototypes first, before they were put into production.

And my last question?

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you mean how I put that into the editor?

You mean the Science Screen so it will look that way, or the actual techs?

Pap

Setting up the Science screen so it'll look that way, arrows and techs.

Originally posted by pap1723
True, but if you look closely, that's how it should also work out with this tech tree. I have been trying to get the other one to work right, but I'm having big trouble with it. Hopefully I can get it to work.

Procifica do you use any chat programs so that we can talk easier? I would like to help you with Civil War stuff also.

Pap

When/How are you going to help me with Civil War stuff anyways?

You take the screen like I did and you make the boxes and the arrows. Then you get the coordinates for the boxes and put the X and Y coordinates into the editor in the Civilization Advance tab. You then delete the boxes, but KEEP the arrows. Then everything should show up the right way.

Pap

Ok, how do you get the coordinates for the boxes? What type of file is the "arrows" part of this, and where does that file go?

Ok, how do you get the coordinates for the boxes?
In most paint programs you can see the coordinates of where your mouse pointer is. You just go to the top left corner of the box and write that down or move it over into the editor.

What type of file is the "arrows" part of this, and where does that file go?
It is a .pcx image and you can find the original in the \Art\Advisors\ folder under the name of science_era

Pap

I tried saving my own science_industrial.pcx over the original (after making a copy), and its still using the original?

Is there anywhere else where I need to put this?

Tech-tree making is a pain!

@Procifica:

take a look at the Tutorial I posted in the Tutorial section, I have included a handy grid that will give you a rough estimate as to what coordinates to give each of your techs.

@Pap:

Nice looking tech trees.

Thanks Kal-El, it took me a hell of a long time to get it to look like this, and now I am worried that I might have to change it around depending on how big the boxes are going to be.

Pap

Top Bottom