tech tree in limited edition

pansophy

Chieftain
Given that the strategy guide is out of date as far as units go and such, does anyone know if the tech tree in the limited edition is going to be accurate?

That would be annoying to spend 10 extra bucks to have an inaccurate tech tree. :mad:

Why not just print out or refer to the tech tree on our own info center here...the tree that comes with the tin is accurate...believe me im using it as we speak;
however you may have a similar experience to mine...after stumbling upon the sequel to the greatest strategy game of all time a day before i thought it was being released...the pride of my civ-fanaticism welled up and i threw the extra ten dollars at the man: once I saw the tin next to the regular copy; i had to have the tin...you see money (10 bucks) becomes trivial in the face of gaming history...

Edmund

But is it worth it? What's the final content and do you appreciate the added stuff (quick, I have to call my gf to tell her which one to buy :D)

I haven't picked up my pre-ordered copy yet at EB, but I think the LE will have enough neat stuff to be worth the extra ten moolas. According to the front page, the tin can itself is worth the investment! :D

I disagree... next to other collector's editions the Civ3 collector's edition is really lame.

The tin can itself is nice but its the last thing i care about... no... wait... the last thing i care about is Sid Meier's induction into the IDSA Hall of Fame, whats up with that?! As for the Tech-tree, well you got a tech tree in the normal version of Alpha Centauri so this is just a rip off.

The limited edition is nothing special, though I have a nice tin now, hehe. The tech tree is accurate, but unexciting...no resource map or anything really useful on it...sigh.

Buster said:
ooohhh... and what's tin anyways (me=french)

A tin is a metal container (made of the metal: tin). The LE is contained inside this very cool looking 'Tin'.
And YES...the Tin itself is worth it.

(Verdict still out on the game though...which i've now been playing for 6 hours)
Ed

Top Bottom