Tech Tree question

Ossric

Hedonistic Ruler
If i would want to switch 2 techs (i want to switch Engeneering+Invention with Feudalism+Chivalry), what changes do i have to make & were? I'm not changing the techs, i just want to change their place on the tech tree..

p.s.:In the civ editor (civ advances), every tech has an X & Y. What's that for?
example feudalism:
X:73
Y:398

If all you want to do is switch their places, then all you'd have to do is rename the techs. For example, rename Feudalism to Engineering and vice versa. At first what you're going to have to do (since you can't have two techs with the same name, even temporarily) is rename Feudalism to something like Engineeringtemp. Then rename Engineering to Feudalism. Then go back and change Engineeringtemp to Engineering.

Voi la. Their positions will be switched on the tech tree.

:D

CK

You also have to rename the TECH_Feudalism and the TECH_Enginering. Also you will have to reresign the units+buildings prequestets, but thats easy work.

Originally posted by Yoda Power
You also have to rename the TECH_Feudalism and the TECH_Enginering. Also you will have to reresign the units+buildings prequestets, but thats easy work.

I knew I was forgetting something. :D

Thanks Yoda.

CK

Top Bottom