Technicalities of the German UHV

Red Threat

52ª brigata Garibaldi
Hi all,

I am currently playing with Germany trying to win the UHV. Per se, it looks quite easy with the only trouble being maintaining a decent research rate.

As I do not want to overexpand my Empire, I want to conquer as few cities as possible. Here's the question: how does technically work the UHV condition?

In each needed area (France, Italy, Greece, Russia, England, Scandinavia) how many cities do I need to claim control of the area?

A couple of additional questions:

- Assuming that in order to control the area I need to expel/collapse the original civilization present on it, and that having independent cities there is fine, is it ok if there are other cities in the area belonging to third civilizations?

- And is it ok if this third civilization is one of your vassals? And in this case, do the vassal-held cities count for your number (I guess no)?

Thank you,

Paolo

The rules are:

- the controlled areas are identical with their civ's core areas.
- if the civ of one area still exists, you need more cities than them in that area to control it.
- if the civ of one area has collapsed, you need one city in that area to control it.

So yes, if the civ in question has collapsed, everything can be owned by other civs/independents as long as you have one city.

Your vassal's cities do not count in any way whatsoever. So even if France is your vassal, you have to have more cities in their core than them.

You're welcome :)

Everyone was confused by Germany first, by the way. I had over six cities in Russia, Scandinavia and England each in my first game, and was struggling to stay stable. I felt a little cheated when I heard first of the actual rules ;)

Another quick question for Rhye and for you all.

It's about the last UHV condition for Japan in version 1.61, never lose a single city before 1850. I understand that I have to avoid that foreign civs or barbarians conquer my cities, cities going independent due to instability is still ok; but what happens if:

a) a foreign city culturally flips to me and i decide to disband it;
b) I conquer a city and I immediately liberate it giving it to a civ nearby (in the specific case, vassals of mine);
c) I just trade a city of mine giving it to a foreign civ;

does any of these points count as "lost city"?!

Thank you,

Paolo

Another quick question for Rhye and for you all.

It's about the last UHV condition for Japan in version 1.61, never lose a single city before 1850. I understand that I have to avoid that foreign civs or barbarians conquer my cities, cities going independent due to instability is still ok; but what happens if:

a) a foreign city culturally flips to me and i decide to disband it;
b) I conquer a city and I immediately liberate it giving it to a civ nearby (in the specific case, vassals of mine);
c) I just trade a city of mine giving it to a foreign civ;

does any of these points count as "lost city"?!

Thank you,

Paolo

Never lose a city before 1850 AD means that no other civ may CONQUER 1 of your cities. All other forms of losing a city don't count. (including the one you said)

Top Bottom