1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Technology Cost of History

Discussion in 'General Balance' started by Enginseer, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Infixo

Infixo Deity

Just following the logic from Moi Magnus's post saying that there are quadratic factors for science production. That would mean that Marathon should be extended for 900% which of course is absurd. It is 325%, so slightly more than standard game (300%).
    It also means that 225% for Epic is too much, as the standard is 150%. If you want to extend the game by slowing research by e.g. 10% you need to put ~167%. 225 in Epic slows down research by more than half.

2. Mitch.sp

Mitch.sp Warlord

I've seen a link to this and I'll like to try, but I've a question Enginseer, which other changes do you use/are needed to accommodate in current CBP, specially in Policies acquisition cost or # of Policies needed for World Wonder construction? Thanks

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Skidizzle likes this.
  3. StevenV

StevenV Chieftain

I use this "mod" in my current game and like it very much.
    Now, I have wars in every era and with every type of units.

I reached medieval era around AD600, I built my first university AD1200, sail to the ocean around AD1400.
    Currently I gonne be the first to hit Industrial age, with the steampower tech in AD1790.

@Mitch.sp Culture cost, seems good. I have 14 policy (15 for the best) so we will have ideologies around 1850-1900.

My settings:
    King
    Communitas map - Large
    12 CIV
    16 CityState

4. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Me wonder if I should just make this into a mini-modmod for this to be easier to access.

5. Blue Ghost

Blue Ghost King

Might as well. It's just SQL updates, right? Shouldn't take more than a couple minutes to do it.

6. Enginseer

Enginseer Salientia of the Community Patch Supporter

Seconds.

7. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

I remember some games when AI hang, cause they will learn trading too late(they will just sit with negative gpt). Such behaviour was before , when this value was in official releases:
    ResearchPercent = 225 WHERE Type = 'GAMESPEED_EPIC'
    But maybe it was fixed, and now all is fine even with 'old values'.

Will start a new game soon, so will try these values(except changing ResearchPercent). Thanks for sharing them. A few days later will post info(after two full games).

8. Myrrdin_Emrys

Myrrdin_Emrys Warlord

Is this mod working with Enlightment era ? cuz im interested in both.

9. bigcat88

bigcat88 King

Enginseer , I played two full games with this. Very interesting, something like marathon speed in renaissance and industrial. Only one problem in ancient era....
    In two games in every game 2 AI(from 14 total) cant research quick trading and gg for them. They sit with -20/-30/-40 gpt.
    Every game I restarted 3 times - to be sure that negative gpt are present. After 3 restarts(I was waiting till medieval era for sure) I played map from start till atomic\information.
    Difficulty Deity/Immortal,15 players, large,continents, epic. On both difficulties are the same trouble from start.
    But I like how this changes medieval wars, there is so much time in renaissance to do....

10. Drakul

Drakul Warlord

Is this still compatible with VP new versions ? Because i get a CTD after i started using this. Also the events are not balanced.When you finish The
    Authority tree you get the event which gives you production. It is not scaling with era and you get like in medival era 30 production.

11. Drakul

Drakul Warlord

Or could it be perhaps that ynaemp + vox populi are not compatible with a pace mod ?