Technology Design

I'd honestly say we should replan the whole tech tree...

it don't really give that much sence to start with Droid Warfare already in the beginning. First it should be like Sid made his ;) the Civ4 technologies are so different and basic, so it's in the first few technologies you plan how you want your game to be played. I know you might not agree, but it's in the first ones we plan the game. All the war things shouldn't be more than 1 technology and should first 'unlock' the more basic and advanced warfare technologies after several technologies. YYuo don't start with Droid Warfare or anything near that :/

i agrea with that we should make a new one

WGW is the man you should listen to then :p lol

Maybe anyone can make a new topic in which they will add a WHOLE list of the technologies? That way anybody could post what they wanted, and the list would get updated. Then afterwards it'd be assembled and made into a decent system ;)

All which would be needed would be no technologies at first, and then just add - completely independant from the current technology tree :)

i will check tomorow my own database for some idea's for techs.
not now i am a bit tired now :p
so u could acpect a list (dont know if it would be small or big) of me tomorow.

i was very bissie this day with school so it would be done after dinner about 2 hours or somthing just a bit paitiance ;)

Lasers:

Laser tech
Adv. Laser tech.
Ion tech.
Adv. Ion tech.
Ion Blasters
Ion Canons
Blaster Rifles
Repeating Blasters
Turbo Laser
Quick-Charge Turbo Laser
Super Laser
Plasma Tech.
Plasma Blasters
Tractor beams
Laser Canons

Robotics:

Industrialization
Artificial Intelligence
Military Tradition
Droid Warfare
Droid Battle Armour
Droid Manufacturing
Droid Lasers

(Space) Flight:

Atmospheric Flight
Repulsor lifts
Sub light Drive
Spaceflight
Shipyards
Shaping
Subspace Communication
Combustion Engines
Impulse Engines
Ion Engines
Hyper drive
Interstellar Mining
Starfighter Design
Capital Ship Design
Proton Torpedo
Deflector Shields
Advanced Capital Ships
Personal Deflector Shield
Advanced Star Fighters
Interceptors
Small-Assault Bombers
Heavy-Assault Bombers
Gravity Manipulation
Heavy Star Fighters
Gravity Well Projector
Gravity Mines
Hyperspace Rocketry
Quantum Armour

Implants:

Basic Implants
Adv. Implants
Military Implants
Droid Implants

Engineering:

Medical Engineering
Genetic Engineering
Military Engineering
Droid Engineering

Force:

Self- Awareness
Enlightenment
The Dark Side
The Light Side
Jedi Doctrine
Embrace Of Pain
Lightsabers
Jedi Council
Force Control

Armoured Vehicles:

Cortosis Fiber Armour
Artillery
Battle Armour
Anti-Infantry Armoured Units
Anti-Infantry Walkers
Heavy Walkers
Heavy Artillery

Remaining:

The Tarkin Doctrine
Planetary Bombardment
World Shaping
Planetary Defence System
Cognition Hood
Electronic Data Storage
Hyper Lanes ( I don’t know what this is????)
Planetary Unity

this is what i have at the moment some could be eareased some could be added but this is what i came up with on my minde and some star wars stuff please add and remove what's needed ;)

top nice :p

Projectile Weaponry should probably be there as well ;)

So anyone has some more 'basic' ones other than star wars? :D such as drilling - to mines - and Advanced Drilling - for 'better mines' ;)

Also I'd suggest things which is from Civ4 such as fishing, metal casting etc. :p Then when we got into the more of 'future' it'd be changed to Star Wars :)

yeah good idea didnt come up to me.
like u play a very short version of the original civ and then when ure a bit more advanced u can have the more star wars thingies stuff.

I like this kiddo :p he likes my ideas ;) lol

I'd wonder if people would like that you're doing the basics from Civ4 first and then research into the Star Wars universe...?

Then I'd need ya'll to post in all the other topics if you have any suggestions :p
I especially would appreciate some opinions about starting as groups, and then research/develop into unique Star Wars factions.. :) where the Civic Possibilities (all the stuffs from Empire, Suffrace and whatever which gives merits and flaws) are making of how you rule it, and researching technologies and Faction Wonders (as I'd now call them :D) will lead to the more classic unique factions; Cloning Facility - which of course will have multiple grades of upgrades associated with it so you could get Engineers, snipers, Arc Troopers and eventually Squads. Maybe the Squads and Commanders would be upgraded through leveling? :)

Hmm... this was quite some cross-posting - lol. But to my defence I have to say: Which of it should be unlocked through researching and when? ;) if we start as the Cloning Facility as an example? :)

dont know if i get ure idea.

u want to start speret in the game and then let them join onder one faction. such as an permanet alliance?

I don't think I know the word 'speret'.

I'd more say it like this: Imagine you could play like you wanted to, in the Star Wars Universe. You could be an businessman, War Veteran, or whatever you feel is what you want to play as. The businessman would get a bonus under certain areas, where the War Veteran would have battle bonuses or jsut a single bonus. These basic 'leader' choices will be the first step in your choice as what you want to play as. Peaceful? Will you be conquering, or...?
After the leader with these merits and flaws has been selected the game will - hopefully ;) - not be the same for each of the players: we all know how important it is to build upgrades and expand fast in the beginning as well as exploring and killing barbarians :)

Then I thought of some... well - unique buildings which I'd call Faction Wonders. It's like a National Wonder :D So won't be able to anyone after it has been built once, and there is a Facttion Wonder limit to 1 PER PLAYER with 1, so it's about considering what you want of the different Faction Wonders; maybe you need it because you're in war? or maybe you can just relax and get a better Faction Wonder? :) I think it'll be a cool step to have, because it'd kinda costumize the whole game, but here everyone can get the Clone Troopers or Stormtroopers - if they get the required Faction Wonder so they can actually get these units ;)

It'll be a true Star Wars game where you can play as you want, like you want - independant on the leader you take.

Maybe I should instead make a new topic about this? xD lol

sorry for the word i am an 15 yr old dutch boy with spelling problems :p

i think ure idea is very good.
is it posible to make?? thats my question cus it isnt like the original civ game.
and yes i think it needs is own topic. cus if its prosible to make this. we need to discus lots of thing befor we can make it in the game ;)

gratz - I'm a 16 year old Dane :p like you're in a worse position than me - rofl

According to CivManSam who is teh r0xx0rs whenever i'm asking him about what's possible ;) he says that it IS possible :D the reason the idea is not scrapped from my list ;)

great :D

that we should do this in the mod i think.
it's ure honour to make the topic about this so we can talk about this ;)

This post is a little late but here is an addition to the tech tree

Melee Fighting

Lightsabers
Vibroswords
Vibroblades(Stronger version of Vibrosword)
Vibro double-swords(even stronger version)
Vibroaxes
Echani Blades
Gaffi Sticks

Projectile Weapons

Magnapulse Cannons
Grenades
Mines(thrown by droids)
Pellet Shotguns(from SW Republic Commando)
Rocket Launchers
Ewok Spears

Ground "Flights"

Repulsor Lifts

lol - those 'pellet shotguns'...

if you listen to what the main character says when you first see that shotgun it is: "What the..? I thought everyone stopped using projectile weapons many years ago?"

Top Bottom