Technology Poll (Post AH, Horse outside red area) Turn 39

Which technology should we research if no horse is found in the red region?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Provolution

Sage of Quatronia
Technology Poll (Post AH, Horse near) Turn 39

This poll will handle our technology choice if we got no horse within the following area (marked red, see other tech poll for map):
We can assume that we will take the other tech poll as the 2nd tech to research after this tech, if this becomes relevant.

Archery 5T
Mysticism 5T
Pottery 5T
Writing 10T

I see all votes so far are for archery. If there are no nearby horses and we research archery next are we going to build an archers? If not then we should not research it yet regardless of the horse situation.

I think having archery is more of a security, if we see barbs arrive, we can slave a last minute archer to defend ourselves, for example. Having archery does not mean we build it in the very second, but to have that option if a crisis should ensue. That is my logic at least.

But aren't we going to build warriors to do some fog busting to keep barbs from spawning close to our cities?

I just watched an episode of the old Kung Fu series with David Carradine. Caine was doing some Zen archery. He said he does not use archery to kill but to meditate. Too bad we can't do that here. :lol:

Quoting what I said in the other poll thread:

The techs times are a little bit different as these don't take into account the spillover from AH. Actual times are:

Archery 4
Mysticism 4
Pottery 5
Writing 9 (this will actually be 8 if we work gold once city 2 hits pop2)

I'm voting for writing here. I think we can use our warriors to hold ff any barbs that show in the nest 15 turns. It it gets really scary we can always switch over to archery and then resume whatever tech we were working on afterwards.

I see all votes so far are for archery. If there are no nearby horses and we research archery next are we going to build an archers? If not then we should not research it yet regardless of the horse situation.
I agree, if we are not going to build archers then why waste time getting archery? I say pottery or mysticism regardless of horse situation, otherwise what was the point of building all those warriors?:confused:

I am changing my vote from Archery to Writing, as we can build our third city on top of those newfound horses.

We consider this poll obsolete already, so its ok Sommerswerd. :)

Top Bottom