Technology Tree

ComradeKristov

Warlord
Is there any way to have the tech tree screen in fullscreen? I hate this little 1/4th a screen I have to navigate through. As the team finishes CCPT up and makes a stable version, I was wondering if there was any talk about making the tech tree more manageable? It is really confusing to try to figure out what leads to what. Generally I don't even use the tech tree, I just use the side drop down. I have some ideas to make it more manageable & player friendly. A more basic approach to each section would make more sense. For instance tribal in the prehistoric period is a mess. Most areas are not close to that bad. Also I think it would make more sense to make you research ll the techs in an era before you can move to the next era. I end up skipping a lot of what the AI researches. If the main modders on this mod would like I could go through and make the changes era by era, I would just need someone to tell me the basics of moving the tech icons around. I'm sure it is just XML so I would be more than glad to do it.
Here is how I would set up tribal.
Fire-->Cooking-->Hunting------V
Shelter-->Domestication-->Leatherworking-->Social Structure
Gathering-->Fruits-->Naturpathy-->Weaving------^

A couple adjustments would need to be made, but this is how tech screen would look fullscreen:

Attachments

• 2014-12-31_00001.jpg
    2014-12-31_00001.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 669
For the 1/4 view of the tech tree, some like it some not.

I can only say i prefer it this way, thats why i streched it, also to make the cost of buildings units and at least tech cost more realistic (not all is done, its a long road).

Maybe we could add later a "you must all technologies discovered entry", but for now the system is complete.

And you can enter a new era without discovering all technologies of the oolder era,but even then you are forced to research the remaining technologies.

To get to the last technologies in the game you need to have at least discovered 550 technologies, its more then this number but the game doesnt show it correct in the tool tipp.

Thanks for your offer, but changes on the prerequested technologies are not planned at this time.

I think I will do the tech changes for myself then, a mod mod if you will. If you could maybe you could have the tech tree size be an option in the game settings? I remember a mod on civ iv that was epic in scope like this mod and it had a bunch of different options for peoples different tastes. It would be nice if that could be done here.

I'm almost done with my mod mod for the tech tree, could you tell me how to change the tech tree size? Or you could do it for me ;)

My mother had a stroke, so I don't have time to do it right now. If you look at the TechTreeBFTT.xml, this is the context file that defines how the tech tree looks.

Line 9 has the Grid Size, this defines the overall size of the popup, if you want full screen, change the number to Full,Full, or to what ever size you want.

Then you will need to change the size of all the scroll panels, there is a listing for each tree. If you do full screen, change the sizes to Full,499(if full makes the techs go beyond edge of popup, then adjust to a number that fits), else make the first number a little smaller than the first number of the grid size.

There will be a couple cosmetic changes to make, such as the placement of the top icon, but that won't affect much.

Top Bottom