Teleporting Horsemen

I was asking if dispel removed the slow effect. Of course revelation would not remove the slow effect... that is just silly :p

yes ... and I will be damned if I have to find out until the critical moment of battle wether the investment paid off or not. For instance, im 90% sure dispel will not remove the blinding light effect, and im fairly sure it will not remove an opponent's haste or enchanted blade, or dance of blades.

probably will remove valor tho, since it removes courage. Those just seem to be coded similarly.

Yes it will remove enchanted blade, and dance of blades just fine. I fired up the world builder just to be sure.

Interestingly you can't dispel magic across your culture border. When my troops and theirs were inside it works just fine, when we're both outside it works fine as well. But when I'm inside my culture and they're stack is outside I'm not allowed to cast dispel magic on them. Not sure if thats a bug or just a limitation of the game engine somehow.

P.S. units that are blinded by Sun II, Ie: blinding light can not be dispeled to free them as they do not gain a blinded promotion that makes them unable to move it just makes them unable to move for 2 rounds. This is similar to the way druid root works. Something else that kills anything happening in late. (perma rooted stacks.)

P.P.S. To: Taunke What I mean is since fear apparently uses the withrdraw mechanics that yes If I attack then his entire stack of fearable units is instantly teleported outside my border. In this particular game that was 6 squares away.

Sorry I didnt mean to get off track since this is thread is really about the retreat mechanic, horsmen being the biggest example. Ideally no unit should be able to retreat more than its actualy movement in my opinion, and definately no more than once per turn.

Ideally no unit should be able to retreat more than its actualy movement in my opinion, and definately no more than once per turn.

I just wanted to bold this part.

I might actually add another mechanic to deal with this problem. Perhaps another movement type called "Retreat Movement." A unit could only retreat a number of squares = to the Retreat Movement value. Various Promotions or spells or whatever could increase this.

I think the retreat movement should only be one square. However, I wouldn't mind multiple retreats, as long as there is a finite amount, i.e;

Flanking II: +1 Retreat/Turn(Unit can withdraw twice)
Flanking III: +1 Retreat/Turn(Unit can withdraw three times)

However, the current infinite, teleportaiton-esque retreats need to go.

Loki will die if either killed by 1) first strikes, or 2) if he is inside a city.

Keeping Loki outside of friendly cities is the best way to keep loki alive, and it amazes me how many times people leave him inside a city to die to a lucky pot-shot. Say from an assasin.

However, if loki enter's combat while inside a city, he practically automatically dies.

Its possible that defensive withdrawal equally does not work inside a friendly city. Could of been why I was able to kill Valin, because he was parked inside a city.

Top Bottom