1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Templates Missing

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Genesystem, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Genesystem

Genesystem Chieftain

Brand new to modding, all the tutorials I've found mention Modbuddy should have a few templates to pick from. The only option I have is a blank solution. Is there a place I need to download them from or some other way to fix this?

2. Cyphose

Cyphose y tho

That is... strange. ModBuddy should definitely have a few templates. I'd first try uninstalling and reinstalling it. If that fails, right click the Civ6 Development Tools in Steam, select "Properties", go to the "Local Files" tab at the top, and click "Verify integrity of tool files..."

If all that fails, delve a bit deeper. Again, make like you're going to verify integrity, but this time, click "Browse local files..."

This should bring you to where the Dev Tools installed, which is where everything else in Steam tends to install--Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common. Once you're in the Civ6 SDK folder (you should be already), navigate through folders in the order of /ModBuddy/Extensions/Application.

In the Application folder, there should be two further folders (along with a bunch of other stuff), called ProjectTemplates and ItemTemplates. The templates you're referring to are in ProjectTemplates. If you see that folder, go inside it, to Civ6ModProject/1033. There should be 6 .zip files there (which are the templates). If they're not there, then that's why you can't see them when you start up ModBuddy.

If you'd like, I can upload my own (since I have access to them), but obviously downloading what I have is a lot less secure than downloading from Steam, so that's why I encourage you to uninstall/reinstall/verify integrity (i.e. exhaust other options) before I give you mine.

3. Genesystem

Genesystem Chieftain

I had a chance to dive in and mess around. There are definitely a few zip folders in there. When I unzip them, I can access the xml files individually. If I point to that location to read templates I still get nothing. If I try to open the civproject files that come in the template folders I get an error. Something about guid should contain 32 digits.