1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Temple Of Artemis Bug

Discussion in 'Civ3 Conquests - Bug Reports' started by zagaz, Nov 19, 2003.

1. zagaz

zagaz Chieftain

I was playing a mutliplayer game with my room mate a few days ago and he built the Temple of Artemis. Once it was obselete, not only the 'virtual' temples that were provided by the wonder disappeared, but the ones he had manually built beforehand. This led to a few revolts, but for the most part he had built cathedrals and had J.S. Bachs Cathedral, so all was more or less fine, but still, this is an issue.

2. Master Ray

Master Ray Chieftain

This is not a bug but the way the designers wanted it to work.

3. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy Drinking with Obama

The ones that he built beforehand isn't supposed to disappear. Only the ones he got for 'free'. Are you sure he didn't sell his temples that he built before?(you can do that, but isn't recommended for temples since TOA becomes obsolete, but people would sell their granaries when getting the Pyramids).

4. Master Ray

Master Ray Chieftain

Sorry. I misread the post. Bamspeedy is correct.

5. CyberChrist

CyberChrist You caught my attention

Hmm, your friends must remember wrong about having build temples in those cities before getting Artemis. I just ran a test and all cities that had temples before Artemis still had them when it went obsolete.

6. zagaz

zagaz Chieftain

No, he knows he had built them. He was having problems with happiness in many cities before he built it. It happened as I described it, he did not sell them, he had quite a few beforehand, but multiplayer being what it is, the computer MAY have sold them all automatically as it became obselete, why it would do that is beyond me, maybe a toggled option in the multiplaying settings.

There are qutie a few little mutiplaying features that irk me.

7. CyberChrist

CyberChrist You caught my attention

Did your friend have any governor settings on?

8. JKDDragon

JKDDragon Chieftain

Why does the temples given by it dissappear after it becomes obselete anyway?

9. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Do you have the game save?

10. zagaz

zagaz Chieftain

Sorry, no game save, it was a looooong multiplayer game, and the most recent save is long after the fact.