Temples and Cathedrals

vmxa said:
I see a lot folks are very interested in flips (to them), but really are you getting a lot of them? Is it cost effective?

I can play a game at say Monarch and build all kinds of structures and most of the wonders, but I won't see that many flips, if any. If you are taking cities fromthem, you need not wait for flips.

Once you start playing above Emperor, flips are a concern, but not you flipping them.

I still say Rel trait is only for fun games or special rules, not really all that useful.
Flips are a rare and magical moment. Even when I played on the lowest levels. I usually play at Monarch (because there's enough challenge without completely dispensing with the satisfaction of building things because you want to) and culture flips almost never happen (except away from me). I observe that people like them because they are like a lottery win. Also it is an ego boost. "Look at mah lovely Civ. All da people wanna be wit me!" But at levels where flips happen, 'cost effective' is not really an issue. Cost effective is only beginning to be an issue at Monarch, where you have to choose which wonder, or which improvements to build rather than building all of them (low levels) or almost none (highest levels).

Top Bottom