1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Temples providing Hammers

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Jimmyballz, May 8, 2008.

1. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

When playing a game, I noticed that the Temple provided hammers with one religion, and did not provide hammers with another. Why is that?

The whole time I did not have any state religion!!! :confused: screenshots below...

I'm stumped on this one and was hoping someone could explain whats going on.. :)

Attached Files:

2. JujuLautre

JujuLautre Deity

you're playing BTS, and someone has built the apostolic palace tied to that religion.

As long as you are inside the AP community (with a city of that religion and not having defied a resolution), all buildings of that religion will produce 2 hammers.

3. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

Actually you need to be a full member to get the hammer bonus. Full member means your state religion is the AP religion or you built the AP. If you have cities with the AP religion but it's not your state religion you don't get the hammer bonus.

4. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

tnx guys.

Zara has the AP, and at one point we did have the same religion (see pic).

However, the screenshots on my 1st post do show there is no state religion, and that hammers are still being provided.

Attached Files:

5. BalbanesBeoulve

BalbanesBeoulve Emperor

Yeah, i'm wrong. The voting member/full member is just for who qualifies to be a candidate for the vote.

6. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

very helpful-

now i know which temples to give priority!!! :hammers:

7. Jimmyballz

Jimmyballz Executive

whoops - maybe im in the wrong forum. I prolly should have posted this in the Beyond the Sword forum:mischief: