Ten civs designed by other modders on the forum that could/should be added to DOC

Edmund Ironside

White Rabbit Object
Ten civs designed by other modders on the forum that Leoreth could add after implementing the new enlarged map. These civs can be more easily incorporated as the art work, uhv’s, unique abilities, etc., have already been gathered and coded. They are listed in order of need for inclusion to DOC.

1. ISDAN’s Assyria – Asked a couple of close colleagues which of a list of civs not featured in DOC they thought was the most historically important. They picked Assyria.

2. Steb’s Teotihuacan -The Aztecs were just one in a line of civs in the rich history of Mesoamerica. Also Leoreth has already confirmed he is going to be adding these!

3. Merijn’s Sweden – Important regional rival for Russia.

4. ISDAN’s Hittites – Led the way in using iron. Also help to represent the fact that Turkey was a very important region in early civilization.

5. Merijn’s Qing dynasty (Manchuria) – The most important of the non-Han dynasties, lasted nearly 300 years and provide a useful check on the power of China.

6. Merijn’s Australia – They are in the top 15 for GDP in the current global economy, and they add some flavor to a comparatively empty part of the map.

7. Merijn’s South Africa – A controversial but important regional powerhouse.

8. Merijn’s Nigeria – More important than some already included civs such as Congo perhaps.

9. Steb’s Israel – An intriguing late spawning civilization to play with.

10. Edmund’s Zulus – How could I not include my own creation here? They have featured in every civilization game from 1 to 6, so it is only fitting to have them in DOC as well.

Also special mention to Citis whose mod introduced several interesting twists that may benefit DOC, my favorite being the 4000 BC start.

Last edited:
I guess you only counted my most important ones, because with only my civs you already get to 10. (Not even counting Atlantis :p)

And also not counting 3 civs I have planned for the new map.

I guess you only counted my most important ones, because with only my civs you already get to 10. (Not even counting Atlantis :p)

And also not counting 3 civs I have planned for the new map.
I definitely think Swahili is top 10.
What civs do you have planned for the new map?

I already have a list of civilizations that I want to include at some point. In most cases I will make different design decisions than in these modmods.

You can find them in my thread. ;)

Burma, Hungary, and Kievan Rus, very nice.

I might have to do a separate top 10 just for your civs Merijn, as you have so many!

Burma, Hungary, and Kievan Rus, very nice.

I might have to do a separate top 10 just for your civs Merijn, as you have so many!
Kievan Rus is an excellent choice. Poland was a nice addition to DoC but Eastern Europe still needs more. I'm assuming if they appear in the late game they would represent Ukraine? Hungary makes sense with the new map as well considering how gigantic central Europe is. Austria would be too huge without more competition in the Pre-modern era.

Manchuria is not a civ or a place. The word was popularized by imperial Japan when they had conquered part of China but not fully invaded the rest of the country. There are also many more non-Han dynasties.

Manchuria is not a civ or a place. The word was popularized by imperial Japan when they had conquered part of China but not fully invaded the rest of the country. There are also many more non-Han dynasties.
I know a few Manchurians who would take issue with this assessment.

I know a few Manchurians who would take issue with this assessment.
The Jurchen, who were a real civilization in modern northeastern China, who founded the Jin Dynasty, and who later renamed themselves the Manchus, an evolution in civilization and military upon the old Jurchen, who founded the Qing Dynasties, were NOT fabrications of the Japanese, but were a real people, civilization, and culture with a real homeland. The Japanese term 'Manchukuo' was a Japanization of the endemic name for the region. To say the whole region, people, and civilization were created solely as a reference by Imperial Japanese forces during WW2 and nothing more shows a significant lack of education of the matter, while trying to sound erudite and seem like the one "educating."

The Jurchen, who were a real civilization in modern northeastern China, who founded the Jin Dynasty, and who later renamed themselves the Manchus, an evolution in civilization and military upon the old Jurchen, who founded the Qing Dynasties, were NOT fabrications of the Japanese, but were a real people, civilization, and culture with a real homeland. The Japanese term 'Manchukuo' was a Japanization of the endemic name for the region. To say the whole region, people, and civilization were created solely as a reference by Imperial Japanese forces during WW2 and nothing more shows a significant lack of education of the matter, while trying to sound erudite and seem like the one "educating."
There is only one indivisible China, do not question it.

Moderator Action: That goes too far off into political discussion, everyone's made their point so let's stop here.

Top Bottom