Term 1- Chief Ambassador to the Barbarians

greekguy

Missed the Boat
Hello and welcome to the office of SABER's Chief Ambassador! This thread will be used for foreign intelligence updates, general information on the other teams, and other foreign affairs related stuff. For details on direct communication between other teams, other threads will be setup for each team. Also, i will appoint ambassadors for two other teams, while i'll handle 2 opponents myself (though we most likely won't meet all teams this turn). so, until we meet other rivals, sit back and enjoy the beginning of a long march to SABER victory!

Foreign Department Staff

Chief Ambassador to the Barbarians: greekguy
Ambassador to Team BABE:
Ambassador to The Council:
Ambassador to Team FREE:
Ambassador to Team GONG:

Foreign Civ Info

Team BABE: Iroquois
UN Rep: Tubby Rower
Capital: Hefner's Palace
Spoiler Roster :

BCLG100
Whomp
Emp. Killyouall
Robi D
socralynnek
Butterball
Vind2
Tubby Rower
DaveShack
Wotan
Beorn-eL-Feared
Kickbooti
gmaharriet
ThERat
Greebley

The Council: Korea
UN Rep: fe3333au
Capital: The Chamber
Spoiler Roster :

zyxy
Aigburth
Niklas
peter grimes
fe3333au
Nikodemus
AutomatedTeller
Paul#42
tomasjj
donsig
TheLoneMan
dl123654

Team FREE: Sumeria
UN Rep: azzaman333
Capital: Freedom Central
Spoiler Roster :

azzaman333
Empiremaker
vikingruler
aluka
CommandoBob
kingstuart
Kuningas
Black_Hole
admiral-bell
Elephantium
CivGeneral

Team GONG: Celts
UN Rep: Daghdha
Capital: Graceland
Spoiler Roster :

Sir Bugsy
Tim Bentley
Daghdha
RickFGS
Ansar the King
SimpleMonkey
RFHolloway
madviking
archphoenix
killercane
jb1964
Tone
Perfection
markh
Theryman

Embassy - Team Free

UN Representative: azzaman333
Team E-mail address: team.free2@gmail.com
Civilization: Sumeria
They're scientific and agricultural, and they start with bronze working and pottery. They're unique unit is the enkidu, a warrior with spearman stats.

Spoiler members :
Team FREE (10)
azzaman333
Empiremaker
vikingruler
aluka
CommandoBob
kingstuart
Kuningas
Black_Hole
admiral-bell
Elephantium.

Looking at the Hall of Fame:
azzaman333 is Quartermaster, but his score is pretty low, and he doesn't have many games on the tables.
Kuningas has only got 6 games, but they're all excellent.
None of the other members appear in the Hall of Fame.

Looking at the Game of the Month
Kuningas is in the Pantheon of Heroes with two silver, and 3 bronze medals. He's 55th in the global player ranking.
No sign of any other FREE members there.

Personal experiences + searching the forums:
I've seen a bit of Black_Hole in the demogames, and he likes laws, and being a justice and all, but I don't know anything about his skill.
azzaman333 seems to be playing a lot of pbem too.
EmpireMaker is unknown to me, but he seems to be playing mainly SG's. At quite a high level too.
Vikingruler, Calis has played a pbem against him, so he might be able to tell us more.
aluka, no threads started, only 87 posts, not much to say.
CommandoBob, started on chieftain, is now playing SGOTM with Smurkz
kingstuart, another pbem player
admiral-bell, demo-gamer
Elephantium, only one post after signing up for the MTDG, not very active.

Conclusion
Kuningas is a very good player, azzaman333 isn't bad either. They've got a nice mix of pbem-players and demogamers. They're a bit low on the numbers though.

Good to see that dutchfire. hopefully we'll find team FREE this term and you'll have a job. :)

I've set up an embassy.

that's good dutchfire. but for the future, when we meet the different teams, we'll start a thread for each. so, if we meet team FREE this term, you can start a thread and transfer all that info there. :)

I just wanted to spark some discussion on which teams we should look out for, which teams we should try to ally with, things like that.

To decide on these things, we'll need to know about the teams first.

There's some discussion of merit on the Planning the Start thread about the teams. A bit has changed since then, but not incredibly a lot.

Sure, when we actually meet someone, it is best to have a separate thread.

From turn 1 moving our citizen and looking at F11:

Both The Council and BABE founded a town on their first turn. They are both producing 2 spt, 4 gpt/bpt, and 3 fpt as are we. Since BABE is agricultural, that means either they don't have a food bonus (or chose not to work it :confused:), or their capital is not on fresh water :hmm:.

I'm betting BABE didn't get the food bonus. Probably a local luxury (incense, dyes or silks) to compensate, but the lack of the food bonus is the offset for being AG. If they had fresh water nearby they'd have moved, so I'm thinking they've settled and intend to use another city for their settler factory.

what type of info exactly? it's still early, and we haven't met anyone yet. i could list each team's roster, though.

email
civ
turnplayers/un reps
some F11 info perhaps?

put info in first post. i added the other team's emails to our gmail account contact list a few weeks back, so you can find it there if you're interested.

Notes from turn 2:

All 5 teams founded a town on turn 1.
All teams are producing 2 spt.
All teams are producing 4 gpt/bpt.
2 teams are +4 fpt, 3 (including us) are at +3 fpt.

We may also want to include a list of the cities each team has - their capital names can be obtained from the Top5 Cities screenshot in the State of the Empire thread.

capitals of our enemies now in 1st post.

After looking at the growth of our rivals' capitals, I'm guessing the following builds:

BABE - 1 warrior (5 turns), then a settler (8 turns), then ?
Council - 2 warriors (5 turns, 4 turns), then a worker (3 turns), then ?
SABER (for comparison) - 1 warrior (5 turns), then a settler (9 turns), then ?
FREE - 1 worker (5 turns), then a settler (11 turns), then ?
GONG - 1 warrior (5 turns), then 1 worker (4 turns), then 1 settler (7 turns).

Note that FREE did not build any early military - we'll see how that works out for them.

Top Bottom