Nomad Bryce
Swissempire
VikingRuler
Abstain

This poll is open three days.
Link to the Nomination Thread

Should they choose to make them, their platforms will go below:

Nomad Bryce's Platform
I, Nomad Bryce, am obviously running for the position of Minister of Culture. I am very sincere and all of the games I play have a culture/economy based strategy. I certaintly know how to use culture and religion to help the nation. I must admit though, if elected as first term Minister, there will be little for me to do beyond record keeping. I promise to keep those records easily accessible, but as for actual decision making, I see little in the early game. If the opportunity does come up for me to make a decision to benfit the nation, for example, If I were given control of a missionary, I promise it will be well used depending on the situation. So in conclusion, I would like you to vote for me because of my understanding of culture and religion, and how it ties into our soon to be great nation. I would also like to wish the other candidates good luck and I am sure that we are all perfectly qualified.

Just a side note, I wish to promise good constituency services. (Keeping information up to date and replying quickly to pm's)

Vikingruler
Having experience as a government official in the current Civ 3 DG as Minister of Defense 3 times I am a very seasoned pro at holding office. This means you would be electing an experienced and trusted person as Minister of Culture. Also, I will make sure all Great Prophets, Great Merchants, and Great Artists are utilized successfully and decided upon by the people. If elected it would be the first term. Therefore I would not have a massive amount of decisions as the game is just beginning and we don't have many cities. However religion will play a huge role at the start of the game as it will help to define our nation and who our friends and foes are. Therefore I will give a lot of consideration and make sure there is a lot of discussion on Missionaries. Additionally I will work with all governors of our cities to build the best cultural improvements. Lastly, all my info threads will be update regularly and accurately and all concerns will be acknowledged and taken seriously.

-vikingruler​

Thanks

-the Wolf

I voted for Norman Bryce because... I don't really know it just was the first poll choice:D.

Since I am new to DemoGames, I know nothing of the three candidates. Not a single one of them has posted anything about their qualifications or platform.

Therefore, I ask that the candidates provide some information about their history, their priorities as Minister of Culture, and their visions and long-term goals. It doesn't have to be much; I just need something to base my decision on. If only one candidate posts a response then I will give my vote to that candidate.

If you truly value this position, and can dedicate enough time to it to make informed decisions, then you should at least take some time to campaign a little, and let your voters know who you are.

EDIT: Looks like I am not alone in my opinion!

Well, its time to make some opening comments then =]. I, Nomad Bryce, am obviously running for the position of Minister of Culture. I am very sincere and all of the games I play have a culture/economy based strategy. I certaintly know how to use culture and religion to help the nation. I must admit though, if elected as first term Minister, there will be little for me to do beyond record keeping. I promise to keep those records easily accessible, but as for actual decision making, I see little in the early game. If the opportunity does come up for me to make a decision to benfit the nation, for example, If I were given control of a missionary, I promise it will be well used depending on the situation. So in conclusion, I would like you to vote for me because of my understanding of culture and religion, and how it ties into our soon to be great nation. I would also like to wish the other candidates good luck and I am sure that we are all perfectly qualified.

Just a side note, I wish to promise good constituency services. (Keeping information up to date and replying quickly to pm's)

I guess I should send that last comment to Alphawolf as my platform.

I still havnt voted, i'd like to see what the others thought, if they have any ideas differing to nomad.

This is my election platform:

Having experience as a government official in the current Civ 3 DG as Minister of Defense 3 times I am a very seasoned pro at holding office. This means you would be electing an experienced and trusted person as Minister of Culture. Also, I will make sure all Great Prophets, Great Merchants, and Great Artists are utilized succesfully and decided upon by the people. If elected it would be the first term. Therefore I would not have a massive amount of decisions as the game is just beginning and we don't have many cities. However religion will play a huge role at the start of the game as it will help to define our nation and who our friends and foes are. Therefore I will give a lot of consideration and make sure there is a lot of disscussion on Missionaries. Additionally I will work with all governors of our cities to build the best cultural improvements. Lastly, all my info threads will be update reguluary and accuratley and all concerns will be acknowledged and taken seriously.
-vikingruler​

DaveShack said:
Can we have some more statements by the candidates please, for the benefit of the undecideds?

One problem with that: platforms currently mean nothing. Without any idea what our location is, what our civilization is, or what issues we'll have to face, platforms break down into a generic "I'll do a better job than everyone else". I'm sure the problem will clear up once we start playing the game & Election 2 rolls around, but in the future we should generate the game before we start the first election.

Sorry, VikingRuler. I went with the Culture guy, not the Military guy.

Of course, it depends on the circumstances. If we have a holy city, I can't see a better use for a Prophet then building the Holy Wonder, but if we already have a holy wonder, then of course he would go to good use to start a golden age. I would be more then willing to cooperate with other ministers to use our great people to fuel golden ages if they cant be better used elsewhere. It really all depends on the circumstances.

I must agree with Nomad Bryce. It would be all based on the circumstances. However starting a golden age would be a major event and the citizens deserve a chance to decide. I would make sure a poll and a discussion thread were created to address that issue if it ever arises. Also, I would start a golden age a very benefical time. So if we do get two great people I may not start a GA because we wouldn't benefit enough from it.

Alphawolf said:
To the Candidates: if we get two different great people will you start a golden age?

-the Wolf

A clarification. It's not true that you always need two GP. In fact, each time you trigger a Golden Age, it requires an addition GP to start another one. (3, 4, 5, and so on).

Chieftess said:
A clarification. It's not true that you always need two GP. In fact, each time you trigger a Golden Age, it requires an addition GP to start another one. (3, 4, 5, and so on).

Yes, but this office is the only one with that control of multipule Great People, I asked it in this particular context because it is unlikely that the office will control one of all three different at the same time. Also it is not exactaly true that you require another great person every time you have a Golden Age; you get one when you build the Taj Mahal wonder that is entirely independant of Great People.

-the Wolf

I was refering to Great People, not wonders, though.

Top Bottom