Koondrad
xyourxmomxcorex
Abstain

This poll is open for three days.
Link to the Nomination Thread

Should they choose to make them, their platforms will go below:
Blkbird's Platform
Dear fellow citizens,

A civilization can be led to success in many ways: through war or peace, through power or diplomacy, through expansion or development. No matter which way we choose as a nation, scientific research is the key.

However, *because* of the variety of those distinct possibilities, the most important quality of the Minister of Science - especially in the starting stage of the game - is his openness and impatiality towards different paths of research. Instead of focusing on a single pre-arranged plan, he must be well prepared to adopt the traits of our civilization and our leader. Instead of forcing his own preferences onto the whole nation, he must be able and willing to follow the direction appointed by our people.

Openness and impatiality, my dear fellow citizens, are exactly my strength. Both my personal preferences towards different playing styles and the experiences I have collected through my single-player and multi-player games will only assist me, but never define the way I choose for our nation's scientific development. The civilization and the citizens alone will be the decisive factor - because I have faith in our nation.

Mike Lemmer's Platform
The initial turns are the cornerstone the entire empire stands on. A misstep here can reverberate for millenium. So how do you build the infrastructure necessary for a dominant capital? You need to know how first.

I advocate researching the techs required to provide a healthy supply of resources, food, hammers and commerce from tiles and improvements. Whether it's mining and fishing to take advantage of a hilly coast or masonry/hunting to pump up an arctic position, researching gathering will not only increase the rate we grow and build, but the rate we research future techs as well.

Koondrad's Platform
Man has faced many walls and seemingly insurmountable challenges in the name of science. Man discovered how to use lenses to look both towards and away from earth. Man learned of atoms and how to split them, harnessing their power. Man succeeded in putting beings in to space and on the moon. Man ascertained how to clone cells and organisms.

All of these discoveries seemed impossible at some time or another, yet with perseverance, resourcefulness and cooperation, these goals could be accomplished.

I, as your Minister of Science, will lead our nation in the field of science as we endeavor to be the most technologically advanced nation on the planet. One man must lead all our scientists as we stretch our imaginations whilst keeping up with our understanding.

However we must remember that science does not belong to the elite, but to the people. If I am elected, I hope to involve the citizens every step of the way. We must make decisions as a democratic nation for united we stand, but divided we fall. I believe that we should not make beelines for certain advances, but should analyse our current situation, consider our options and take a vote.

Science is not just another part of the game. It is central to it. Without purposeful research and development our military will be left a shambles; our economy will be left in tatters; our political status will be in ruins and our hopes of being a world power will be lost.

If elected, I hope to work closely with the Minister of War, the Minister of Culture and the Secretary of State to ensure that they all have the technology they need.

It is essential to have a strong and determined Minister of Science if our nation is to survive.

I urge you, for the good of the nation, to

vote Koondrad for Minister of Science.

-the Wolf

Koondrad is so much better than that bird thing.

My platform:

Dear fellow citizens,

A civilization can be led to success in many ways: through war or peace, through power or diplomacy, through expansion or development. No matter which way we choose as a nation, scientific research is the key.

However, *because* of the variety of those distinct possibilities, the most important quality of the Minister of Science - especially in the starting stage of the game - is his openness and impatiality towards different paths of research. Instead of focusing on a single pre-arranged plan, he must be well prepared to adopt the traits of our civilization and our leader. Instead of forcing his own preferences onto the whole nation, he must be able and willing to follow the direction appointed by our people.

Openness and impatiality, my dear fellow citizens, are exactly my strength. Both my personal preferences towards different playing styles and the experiences I have collected through my single-player and multi-player games will only assist me, but never define the way I choose for our nation's scientific development. The civilization and the citizens alone will be the decisive factor - because I have faith in our nation.

The Condor said:
Koondrad is so much better than that bird thing.

Dirty campaign par excellence. Is this tone endorsed by the candidate in question?

What do you mean?

There:p happy now I got rid of it seeing as to blkbird will win anyway.

Blkbird said:
Dirty campaign par excellence. Is this tone endorsed by the candidate in question?
LIGHTEN UP
Anway, if elected, I will use the science buget to the fullest extent possible, and keep ahead of the other Civs anyway that I can. Having better techs trumps having a huge, but obsolete civilisation. Technology is the way the game advances, and changes, and is probaly the most important aspect of the game.

The only thing BlackBird has offered in the interviews was "I dont know."
Me and the other canidates answered the question, and didnt beat around the bush.

xyourxmomxcorex said:
The only thing BlackBird has offered in the interviews was "I dont know."
Me and the other canidates answered the question, and didnt beat around the bush.
Which question do you speak of?

As far as I can tell, Blkbird provided intelligent answers to all, if not most, of the questions, while the other candidates only answered a few (koondrad answered none).

That's fair. 'Tis the season, after all.

Yeah, koondrad ain't here right and sorry core I'd vote for you but you are not in "The Party".

After viewing Blkbird's contributions to this session of the warm-up game, I really don't see how anyone can vote against him. He possesses great attention to detail and is thorough to a fault. ;)

These are exactly the qualities I look for as our nation strives to make sense of our brand new world. I am confident that our citizens will be briefed by Blkbird on every detail pertaining to our research decisions.

I don't quite agree with you Blikbird (I prefer to go for religion before worker techs), but you've got the strongest platform in my opinion, and you've voiced your willingness to be flexible. You've got my vote.

Top Bottom