Term 1 - Military Dept. - The Ministry of War

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eklektikos

Eponymous

Leader: Eklektikos
Deputy: CivGeneral

Welcome to the Ministry of War. This is the place to bring up your questions and concerns regarding Fanatika's military policy, as well as any suggestions regarding the management and disposition of our forces. All current military policies will also be displayed in this first post once some have been finalised.
Code:
Fanatika's Unit Roster: 4000BC

Unit                     |EF|VF|RF|CF|TF|EG|VG|RG|CG|TG| T|Const
----------------------------------------------------------------
Settlers                 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
Workers                  |  |  |  |  |01|  |  |  |  |  |01|
Warriors                 |  |  |01|  |01|  |  |  |  |  |01|
Spearmen                 |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
Archers                  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
                         |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |  |
----------------------------------------------------------------
Key: E=Elite, V=Veteran, R=Regular, C=Conscript,
T=Total, F="In the field", G="Garrisoned",
Const=Under Construction

Good plan Eklektikos. I do the same plan when I play Civ 3. May I suggest fortifying one archer, one warrior, and one spearmen (Can make extra). The units you have listed and listed there orders can expolre the land around us. The extra units defending is a percausionary measure incase if we get any attacks from opposing civs or defend against supprise attacks from the Barbarians.

Excellent suggestion, CG. This is something we can bring up with the governor as a seperate issue to the opening gambit. Well, we can once he provides us with an actual thread to post in :)

Originally posted by Octavian X
Eklektikos and CivGeneral, if possible, what do you plan on naming your cities? I am compiling a registry, and would like to know if possible. Thanks.

@CivGeneral: :splat:

@Octavian X: I have been thinking of calling my city Nar Shaddaa :). Here is a box of Doughnuts to calm your compulsive trout slaping ;).

Has anybody got a picture of the war flag without the bit cut out made small so i could use it as my avatar. If so just post it here.

Just thinking but why not have an official Minister of Defence as a sub unofficial who can order the building of fortifications and defencive units but never overrules the Military Leader.

Culture, (especially me, yelling at Falcon, lol) Would like to request that we keep eachother in mind. Culture has needs, as well as Military. I'm more than williing to sacrifice the building of culture improvements (in particular libraries and universites, for temples are happiness aids, which'll be important) if it is required to give aid to the Military department. However I expect in return that you will allow the building of libraries, universities etc, in the centre, and in newly conquered areas.

Yes, but libraries and universities allow us to advance quicker and so to have advanced military units. So i think that we need to make a compromise.

Note - I found that flag (as you can see).

1. ceremonial burial
2. iron working
3. mysticism
4. polytheism
5. monarchy
6. alphabet
7. writing
8. the wheel
9. literature
10. pottery
11. map making
12. horseback riding
13. masonry
14. philosophy
15. code of laws
16. republic
17. math
18. construction
19. currency

this is the proposed science queue. its good for peace, war and monarchy. and octavin, my brother, you must give up your trout-violence ways. invision a troutless world. repeat after me:
there shall be no trout. trout are bad. let us be peaceful, with one another, that is. and let us be warlike to our enemies.

SAaM, why don't you start a discussion on this in the citizen's forum? That's the only way you're going to get anything like a conclusive answer as to what the people believe the build queue should actually be... posting it back and forth between the various interested department threads will just result in frustration for you and everybody else.

Have added a Unit roster chart to the first post. I'll try to keep it updated the day after every turn chat, but if I find that this becomes far too time consuming it may disappear again. ;)

hehe.. That's looks like some of my stat data in the turn chat/historical stat index thread. ;)

Please post any turn chat instructions (if applicable) in this thread for tonight's game.

Originally posted by Eklektikos
Have added a Unit roster chart to the first post. I'll try to keep it updated the day after every turn chat, but if I find that this becomes far too time consuming it may disappear again. ;)

I like your format, just don't copywrite it and say no one else can use the format ;) copywrites tend to be taken to far these dyas... but that's a different topic.

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
this is the proposed science queue. its good for peace, war and monarchy.

I think on this level, early in the game, it is potentially dangerous to split your aims between peace or war.

This fundamental question is, shall we get iron working, and then drive for Literature and the GL? I say yes...

Ceromonial Burial will come to us either through a hut or via trade.

What government are we going for. I have heard rumors about Monarchy and would favour that myself. If so shouldn't we make a push for that in research. However I have been experiencing some problems with that in my games: it seems that if you advance in another tech' that the time to research the next tech drops. Is this a real effect or is it due to more science boasting improvments being made in my cities.

I know that was a bit offtopic but it may effect out research stratery.l

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom