Term 1 - Military Dept. - The Ministry of War

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we're on Emporer wouldn't it be advisable to try and Rush for The Great Library?

Originally posted by Falcon02
Since we're on Emporer wouldn't it be advisable to try and Rush for The Great Library?

If we can get an Elite Unit to create a Great Leader :) then it would be possible to rush build a wonder.

if you all would be kind enough to check the science queue discussion in the science department thread, you will see that the tech queue proposed by stuck_as_a_mac 3 days ago is the one i had proposed a while back with masonry and literature switched. sincerely, no hard feelings stuck, i took to long to get back to you on oking that change, but in the future id like credit when you borrow my ideas. look forward to working with you in the future. thanks.

neutral leader is a good, responsible provincial governor

Great Liberry! Bah humbug! Wir sollen ein konig! Pardon my German, but we need a king, not a musty old building stuffed with scrolls!

Originally posted by donsig
Great Liberry! Bah humbug! Wir sollen ein konig! Pardon my German, but we need a king, not a musty old building stuffed with scrolls!

We need the Great Library. How can we keep up with the other Civs? The last thing I want to see is our spearmen and archers (or Knights and Longbowmen by then) surrendering in the face of an enemy civ with Modern Armor rolling accross Fanatica. I just dont want to see that bleak future happening :cringe:.

Give me more soldiers noble leader that they may sheath their swords in the beating hearts of our enemies!

Whoa, donsig! Where getting a bit to graphic here...

I agree, we need the Great Library, especially if we shall follow the warmonger's path. It is exteremly like we will be spending lots o' cash on our units early on, at the disadvantage of science.

Having now played a half-dozen ancient age games using the same starting settings, I'm increasingly swayed towards Grey Fox's Warrior/Swordsman rush and conquer approach.

Is it me, or is Emporer level really tough?

And thats why we are playing on Emperor. However I'm not sure about the idea about rushing the Great Library with a leader: I normaly use my first leader to make an army so that I can quicky start to make them. Still though the Great Library is definety a must have.

Originally posted by Phoenix
And thats why we are playing on Emperor. However I'm not sure about the idea about rushing the Great Library with a leader: I normaly use my first leader to make an army so that I can quicky start to make them. Still though the Great Library is definety a must have.

Same here, I mostly use a Great Leader to create an army and load all my foot units on it. Though when I get to build the Military Acadimy (Spelling :p ). If we do get a Military Acadimy (Spelling, again :rolleyes: ) then we can safely comit out Great Leaders on Rushing wonders. But now we must rely on disscutions and polls to decide the fate of the Great Leader.

The military academy is available after military tradiition. I wouldn't pin all our hopes on it. If the first leader creates an army, and that army is voctorious, we can dedicate leaders to wonders.

Originally posted by Octavian X
The military academy is available after military tradiition. I wouldn't pin all our hopes on it. If the first leader creates an army, and that army is voctorious, we can dedicate leaders to wonders.

True, (I wasint putting my hopes on the Military Academy anyway ;) ) Although we should save this topic on "What to do with our Great Leader" untill we get one ;).

General Eklektikos, I request that you start some discussion on the subject of exploration. This department has control over our scouting warrior, and I think we need to talk about where the best places from it to explore are.

I second octavian here. Discussion on the general directions of our explorations are urgently needed!

I think getting a victorious army shouldn't be very hard at all (it isn't for me - I play on Regent). If it is hard then what we should do is get an enemy unit to 1 point of health left and attack it. Since we will have 3 units in there then (assuming that the units are Regulars - which they probaly won't be: I load in Vets normaly) we have 9 hit points compared to there 1 hit point if we lost that battle then I will quit playing civ.

Note - Nobody seemed bothered about my idea about having somebody assess our defencive capabilities so I am going to do it (it is an unofficial position). If somebody manages to fabricate somthing wrong with this please post it here (Here's looking at Disorganizer :lol: ) ;)

Originally posted by neutral leader
civgeneral, i just read your signature, you didnt come up with that all on your own did you (insert sarcastic tone of voice here)?

Ack! Sorry, I did not mean to :(. I have Changed my signature :(.

Ok this is my first report as Defence Minister and since we have just started it going to be short:
We have 2 warriors (1 city). One warrior is exploring the other is fortified in the Capital.
Our Military Advisor says that compared to the Aztecs our Military is WEAK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom