1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 1 - Ministry of Foreign Affairs

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Goonie, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Goonie

Goonie Lonely End of the Rink

Current Contacts

Gamecatcher Alliance

Ambassador to the Gamecathcer Alliance:FortyJ

Information:
    Suspected Allies Apolyton - Note: We do not have contact with this nation.

Located to the East.
    Our army is average compared to theirs.
    Two Spears and a warrior heading towards our lands.
    There is lots of tension between our nations.
    Very hostile Nation.
    Suspect of plotting war on us with their allies.
    Hold the choke point between our lands (Balance of Power).

Elucidia

Ambassador to the Gamecathcer Alliance: Unappointed Goonie in charge.

Information:
    Suspected Allies We may be possible allies

Located to our North.
    Their army is weak compared to ours.
    Our Nations are very friendly towards each other.
    Very Receptive.
    It is suspect that Apolyton and the Gamecathcer Alliance are plotting against Elucidia.
    Elucidia may be a key ally in taking over the Gamecatcher Alliance.

Foreign Affairs Action Plan

As it has been clear for some time, this nation has decided that eventually, we must eliminate GC and take the Balance of Power. Since it is evident that the Shen Ling accord will be voted in, these are the steps that we should take to prepare for the announcement of this treaty to Elucidia.

1. Get final approval from the public.
    2. Continue with 40J's plans to amass enough military strentgh for an assault on Balance of Power.
    3. Continue to talk about a prosperous future when we meet with Elucidian Officials.
    4. Build roads eastward towards BoP.
    5. When we feel we almost adequate military strength(5-8 turns before we are at BoP), propose the Shen Ling Accord to Elucidia.
    6. If they accept plan our assault.

It is important to prepare for what ifs.

What if GC and Poly Attack Elucidia

If this happens, I propose we take advantage of this oppurtunity to make a full out assault - if we can - on Balance of Power. The timing is essential. As soon, as GC's troops are moving into Elucidian territory, we should send our swords toward Balance of Power.

These proposals concern what to do with Elucidia.

The Shen Ling Accord - Supported by the Foreign Affairs Office.

The Alliance of United Central Nations

The Shen Ling Accord

The Shen Ling Accord is a military alliance between the Nations of Fanatikou and Elucidia. Its set goals is for the latter nations to destroy the Gamecathcer Alliance, and its unannounced goal is for Balance of Power to enter Fanatikese hands. This proposal also sets out how the military campagin will be carried out. This agreement has set rules regarding the divison of assets after the war. This Alliance is only for the Gamecathcer campaign.

The Alliance of Central Nations

In essence, this alliance is an MPP. This alliance was designed so that we could draw Elucidia into our pre-meditated war with the Gamecatcher Alliance. This would however implicate us in any move made by Elucidia on Apolyton or on Gamecatcher at times when we are not prepared.

2. WildFire

WildFire amour

And than I'll be able to maybe do something too :p

3. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Goonie, since GBM doesn't have PTW, it leaves you next in line. Would you be available to play in case I can't get the game in time? Basically, if I'm not in the chatroom when the time counter thread says we have the game, I'm not here.

If you can play in the event of my absence, go ahead and ask in the UN forum that the games be sent to your address also. Hey, the German team has me sending games to three addresses.

Thanks.

4. Goonie

Octavian, no guarantees. If I am there, I will do it!

5. TheDuckOfFlanders

TheDuckOfFlanders the fish collecter

I wanna start discussion on the foureign policy's early on ,the have a clear view on how we'll do this.

I think diplomacy will be the determing factor in this whole game.We can expect most civ's to go all out millitary ,but even then most civ's wont be able to defend against 3 attacking human civ's.
    I think we must see that aliance's are of VITAL importance to this game ,and that under no circumstance's we should bring ourself's in an issolated situation.Rather we should go for a big coalition ,and then isolate other ,more dangerous civ's ourself's.In this way we should try to defeat one civ at a time ,with coalition's ,while assuring ourself of the support of our allies.
    Remember ,no civ will probably survive in this game if it become's issolated ,we should try to ally with as many civ's as possible early on (unless we encounter a very weak one nearby) ,and bid our time till when the right moment has come to isolate one of our enemy's.

I can expect multiple war's when the civ's have made contact ,we should try to avoid these early war's ,and only go to war with a civ if we see iyt got weakend by attack's from an other civ ,thus trying to capture some land before the other can get it.We should try to ignite war between some civ's ,and then allie with the civ that is winning the war ,thus easy conquering ,while maintaining atleast status Quo's.

6. Vander

Vander Privateering in Idaho

Kudos to the plan, TheDuckOfFlanders.

7. Goonie

Yes, nice strategy. I was planning something along those lines. I also think trading is very important. A civ will not go to war with us if we are trading them something essential, so we must get as many resources as we can early on.

8. Vander

Vander Privateering in Idaho

So let's hope the fur to the south has some brothers!!

9. Gingerbread Man

Gingerbread Man Dark Magus

Maybe after our first or seccond settler we should build another worker to get resources quickly, and even use it for a colony. I will start a discussion on build queues soon.

10. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Systems of Vekta
    Goonie - We have just met up with GC

11. Goonie

Yes I am aware :D!!!!

All Applicants for the job of Ambassador to GC, please post here

12. croxis

croxis Chat room op

what would I do?

13. Octavian X

You would maintain diplomatic contact with their team, by negociating deals, etc.

Truth be told, I'm rather interested...

14. croxis

croxis Chat room op

sounds life fun

I'm interested too

15. Octavian X

I have word from FortyJ that he is also interested in the position. I recommend him for the job.

16. Goonie

I am appointing 40J as Term 1 ambassador to GC. He is very qualified and is on quite good terms with there ambassador Ek.

17. Octavian X

Please don't forget you must call a council vote to confirm FortyJ for the office.

And, I also saw your angry complaint in the GC poll thread. I apoligize, but I am, along are you, also authorized to act as an offical representative under the constitution. Therefore, I was acting within my authority.

18. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

Are there any restrictions on the contacts citizens can have with the gamecatchers? Except from giving out vital information?

19. Cheetah

Cheetah Chieftain

and what agreements do we currently have with gamecatcher?

20. FortyJ

FortyJ Chieftain

You mean Ek's their ambassador?!? Nobody told me that when I offered to take the job! Forget it.... I'm not talkin' to that guy.
    ;)

:p When do I get started?