Term 1 - Ministry of Trade

Well, its good to see the office is up and running ;).

Glad to see you have set up your offices. Now, as an isolationist, I must advise against actually trading with anyone. ;)

I wish for the Ministry of Trade to partisipate and cast there vote in the Dealing with Demands from other nations - Poll thread :). As Deputy of this department, once the polls close in 4 days, Ill post the results here for the Leader so that he can best decide on what to do if a demand does come up :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

Honorable Trade Minister Donovan zoi and Deputy Civgeneral

I am about to lauch the Ringi Reform of Japanatica, and the first target is the city localization and development. As Trade Ministry, you are interested in building trade facilities such as harbor and airport, and in perspective wonders that promote trade.

Please investigate the City Proposal Thread and assess the printed map, marcation of future city borders, the tile production by shield, gold food and gold. Shield is the most critical aspect for your Departments needs, and food in perspective, as you would need to draft conscripts one day.

So whenever a proposed city comes into the view on that thread, grade it from 0-5 based on how good the city location is. Also grade the city for its future strategic resource and luxury resources, as well as trade roads to other Civs and so on.
When complete, write 4-6 lines on the point selection, and submit it with the Domestic Affairs Ministry. If the City alternative is approved and selected for polling, you are free to, but not obliged, to write in the city proposal thread in order to influence the outcome. I have posted similar posts in the other Departments.

There is a Poll regarding the placement of our second city. I would like for the Trade Department staff to check it out and advocate that we should settle by the diamonds :).

My apologies for just catching this, gentlemen. I have been spending far too much time at our legislative hall. :crazyeye:

I will head for the City Placement thread now and see if Gems are in our near future. At this time I would likely propose not, but let me check it out.

Honorable Trade Minister, I ask you that in case ,over the next few turns, we stumble upon Ivory ,you will not connect Japanatica's roads to this resource.Simply by looking at my signature you will see how oppossed I am to this inhumane practice.Thank You

I consider the elephant as a beast of burden. We do not kill elephants in Japanatica, we give them a reliable job with fodder in public transportation.

I wish for the Ministry of Trade to partisipate in the trade discussion Here :D.

Gulliver said:
Honorable Trade Minister, I ask you that in case ,over the next few turns, we stumble upon Ivory ,you will not connect Japanatica's roads to this resource.Simply by looking at my signature you will see how oppossed I am to this inhumane practice.Thank You

Let's not connect our roads to wheat or cattle either. We can't eat them, it's inhumane.

I wish for the Ministry of Trade to cast there votes and partisipate in the Babylon Trade thread :).

Thanks,
CivGeneral

Honorable Trade Minister,

Your objection to having the DP decide on trades in the absense of instructions is noted. Although it is a tradition that if orders are not posted the DP decides, there is a matter of honor at stake as well. Accordingly I have posted Presidential instructions to other DP's to stop if a potential trade becomes available and there are no instructions.

It would be better for the flow of the game if your office could predict some trade conditions under which it is acceptable to conduct the trade and continue, and post those instructions. We have an ongoing balancing act between ensuring all officials have the capability to perform their duties, and proceeding at a fast enough pace to keep the populace involved in the game.

Thank you,
DaveShack
President of Japanatica

Honorable Trade Minister donovan zoi :)

I really cherish your good input on many issues, but I really do hope you can participate to the flow of the game by agreeing to the following :)

You support continuing the turnchat till Iron working
Agree on trading away the Wheel until we cannot trade it anymore for most scenarios
of trade options (You set a lower limit, now that you know the Wheel is Out)
We have no luxuries yet.
Agreee on buing certain techs we can afford with that gold from the Romans
Do not stop the game if we meet the Romans (2-3 turns away)

I really hope you will promote a turnchat that lasts till iron working is complete.

Honorable Trade Minister Donovan Zai

As a minister of the humble Foreign Affairs Ministry to a colleague of the esteemed Trade Ministry, I suggest that we develop a joint FA/TA procedure involving both parties on an equal footing with an equal say in both areas. This also implies that we actually settle areas we can trade in, and develop joint procedures with the SA in order to integrate our Foreign Relations. The problem with the Japanatican Department
structure is that the Domestic and War Ministries have clear cut roles, where our roles
are tightly integrated into the same foreign affairs screen. From the real world, The Japanese Ministries of MITI (Ministry of International Trade and Industry), MOF (Ministry of Finance) and Miniastry of Foreign Affairs are jointly running Foreign Diplomacy. Ideally, we should have empowered the Trade Ministry with the Science/Luxury/Finance Slider, as well as the control over the gold reserve.
With the present consitution, the best thing to do would be to integrate FA and TA in a close coordination, as natural as the one we see with science and culture.

In more efficient model, I may visualize the government like this:

President
Vice President
Domestic Minister (Settlers, Workers, Builds, Province coordination)
Defense Minister
Foreign Affairs Minister
Trade/Finance Minister (Commerce Slider, Approve trades of pool, Budget control)
Science Minister
Culture Minister

I wish for the Trade department to approve of this.

Code:
 We Give                 They Give
The Wheel                 Alphabet
                Whatever Gold they can part with

The reason for this is we are about to contact another civ posibly within 2-3 turns. As Provo told me in the chat, "The Chats would have to stop because of lack of instructions".

Top Bottom