1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 1 - Nominations for Foreign Affairs Advisor

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy VII' started by Chieftess, Jul 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

The Minister of Foreign Affairs is responsible for all matters involving treaties with foreign nations and all espionage activities. This includes Trade Embargoes, Military Alliances and the use of Spies to acquire technologies.

2. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

I self nominate and accept.

3. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

I nominate Myself and Accept. Vote nobody and end the oppression.

4. admiral-bell

admiral-bell Chronic Lurker

I vote for nobody

5. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

You always seem to run against me eh Nobody?

6. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

I second Nobody and nominate MeteorPunch.

7. mhcarver

mhcarver Newspaper Mogul

I second nobody and nominate greekguy

8. vikingruler

vikingruler Chieftain

i second our past chancellor and hope he rises through the ranks, to obtain his past honor.

9. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I nominate John Kerry (thirding Nobody :p)

10. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

thanks for the nom, but i'm running for governor of city #3.

11. Giio

Giio Enchating Wizard of Rythm

I hope I can vote :sad: If I can I chose to Fight the system and vote for Nobody.

12. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

do you really want old man Icmanci with his finger on the button?

Really i will post policy and such tomorrow after non. so ask question. and icmanci better get your familiy out of town, my election can get messy

13. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

Messy? How exactly would you define messy? Policy coming later today.
    Vote for Icmancin!

14. Civlord

Civlord Chieftain

I vote for Nobody. Go Nobody.

15. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

if you are a registered citizen you can vote. also, this is the nomination thread, not the election thread. the election polls will be up in a few days, then you can vote for Nobody. until then, there will be platforms, and debates, and other political stuff.

16. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

Before every says "Lets vote Nobody!" first hear the policies. besides that phrase sounds funny... Vote Nobody and the government will be empty. Ok time to get back on track here...

Introduction

As Nobody and other candidates probably know, writing a policy for a game that has not started is difficult. There is no map to work with and no rivals to work against; it's very difficult. This is what I plan to do and NOT become:

Old man Icmanci? First of all I am 11 years old which (here in Canada) is not very old. And second I do not know an "Icmanci," let alone tell him and his family to get out of town because of "nobodys" election plan. Trust me, nobody, if I find them, they'll know.

Well then Citizens of Fanatikos, it is up to you. Prosperity will come no matter which you vote for, it just might come in different forms. I will not be crushed should I fail, I might even become a translator so that foreign leaders can understand nobodys treaties. Without further ado, the Policy.

Expansion

Although expansion and exploration is handled by the President and the military Foreign Affairs plays a certain part and gets a slice of the pie. I hope for a solid Defense Minister who can defend our settlers but can also avoid unnecessary conflicts between two nations. Although the slice of Expansionist Pie is small (and it's probably cocanut cream, yuck!) I will push our defense minister to explore every tile on that damn map. Expansion to strategic locations is a MUST! Coastal locations for trade and military are a MUST! Exploration of the coast is a MUST! We cannot conclude to diplomacy with there is no one to talk to! And Espionage Will be used as well, even before spies. Embassies play a strong role but they are useless if we do not now any locations to use them in. Without any contact to other civs this job is useless. Expansion and exploration must be directed to finding other nations. As a quick summary:

- Expansion to strategic locations is critical (i.e. contact with the sea)
    - Reconaissance of coastlines is extremely useful
    - Military exploration of the land is critical
    - Contact with other civs in absoulutely needed

I will try to have this effect on the Expansion.

Military

Foreign Affairs has alot of influence of the military. They cannot send units to fight if their is nothing to fight (exactly why I will push for exploration). I will also get constant military feedinhg of information to the Foreign Affairs department. Every treaty I attempt to sign I will form on the Trade and Military advisors needs. I will also need to be informed of all military ambitions.

During a state of war I will make every move for peace. Or in a state of conflict between two foreign nations to set up a demilitarized zone. The DMZ will be a string of forts, barricades and airporst occupied by Fanatikos soldiers in a foreign country. It could be around a City or around a strategic resourse
    just to keep that nation alive. DMZs will only be set up if Fanatikos ambitions are threatened.

A quick summary:

- War will only be declared if absoulutely necessary
    - AWar will not be declared for stupid reasons
    - Allies will be considered with the Defense Minister
    - Peace will always be attempted
    - DMZs will be set up if Fanatikos interests are threatened and approved by the Defense Minister

That will be my role in influencing the military

Foreign Affairs

ROF treaties will only be concluded for military or expansionist purposes. I will push for a road system linking every Foreign Nations of the island/continent to Fanatikos. Foreign wars will be looked into and only joined if there are strategic benefits. Every treaty concluded will be benefial to Fanatikos.

Conclusion

That is all I have to say. Voting for me will allow properity peacefully but I will force issues if needed. Voting for me and I will make sure that my policies are completed. I am not a war mongerer who will "Push the Button," I am peacefull. But the othere nations will be warned: Don't mess with Fanatikos.

Any questions?

17. Black_Hole

Black_Hole Chieftain

Icmancin has my support; he tries to win by posting his platform, not mud slinging at the other candidates...

18. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

I appreciate your support Black_Hole. Is there anything you'd like to question? Or anybody else like to question?

19. peter grimes

peter grimes ... Moderator

I respectfully ask the nominees to elaborate their position on terrain map and world map trading with other civs.

20. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

agreed, i used to enjoy Nobody's occasional mafia comments, but now that's all he ever says. it's gotten ridiculous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.