1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 1 - Nominations for Governor of "Unnamed Provance"

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy IV' started by GenMarshall, Dec 21, 2003.

1. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

Mine is usualy:
    Warrior
    Warrior
    Settler
    Spearman
    And the it depends on the terrain.
    If the city has trouble keeping up with the settling pace, I usualy build a granary.
    If the city is over-fertile, I usualy continue spear-settler, unless I go for 20K culture victory.

2. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

A question for my fellow candidates:

How do you want to handle mayor power?

3. Fier Canadien

Fier Canadien Citizen

My opinion about the mayors is to actualy listen to what they say. They can be very helpful, though, as governor, I must be able to do their job alone without crippling our nation. I also plan to be very active in the city-theads of my province.

The mayors allow us to get more people active, they must have some power, afterall.

4. Stuck_as_a_Mac

Stuck_as_a_Mac Aptenodytes forsteri

I, as a long time annoying mayor, believe that the mayors opinions are helpful. They watch over one city in specific and can sometimes see things you, the governor, are unable to. I support mayors.

5. Sarevok

Sarevok Civ3 Scenario Creator

6. Noldodan

Noldodan 2 years of waiting...

On Mayoral power: If someone wishes to put their time and effort into being a Mayor in my province, ever, then I will listen to their suggestions. If, however, those suggestions do not coincide with the current build strategy that I have in mind, I will not use those suggestions unless a good reason to use them is presented. This build strategy would be clearly outlined in the Province thread. An example of when I would change it is if a Mayor wishes to build cultural improvements in a good-sized city while we are locked in a major war.

7. Plexus

Plexus Architeuthidae puericomedentis

Mayors should be advisors to the Governor, as such, the Governor should not be obligated to follow the proposed build queues, but they should be taken into consideration. Active mayors can be an important part of a gubernatorial administration, as it allows for an extra dimension to be added to the game.