Term 1 - Nominations for Minister of Defense

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Please post below your nomination for the Minister of Defense. You may nominate any registered C3C DemoGame Rivival Citizen (see Citizen Registry above). If you are registered, you may also nominate yourself for a position. Self-nomination is permitted.

This is a discussion thread, so please feel free to second a nomination or ask the candidates questions. All debates will take place in these Nomination threads.

Office description:
The Minister of Defence is responsible the defense of our nation and military planning. The Minister also controls the actions of all Military units.

I will nominate Falcon02 for Minister of Defense.

Even while I am blasting away zombies and hunting down zombie witches in L4D, I'm still remembered here :D.

I'll accept.

I 2nd Falcon.

I third/fourth Falcon and second CivGeneral - both of you have very enticing names for the future peaceful coexistence with all the others societies we will encounter ;)

As Black_Hole was campaigning he came upon the "Constitution" and "Code of Laws". They were not written down, however a few select people knew of its contents. Black_Hole began work on memorizing the constitution. As he moved along, he came along an article that said he could only run for a single office. "Shucks" thought Black_Hole to himself. He proceeded back to the village commons area where he found the old man that was accepting nominations for elected positions. He told the old man that he must decline the position of Minister of Defense because of his knew found knowledge of the Constitution.

I decline because I will run for Chief Justice.

Thanks for your nomination, but I think I will pass for this term.

The upcoming month is looking like it will be quite busy and I'm not sure if I'll have enough free time to properly fulfill the duties of Minister of Defense.

I nominate myself also.

Gentlemen, as this is one of our contested elections, I'd like to know how each of you plan on running the Office of Defense for our nation in the first Term. Will your standard approach be defensive, offensive, or exploration only? What military Techs will you push for? Things of this nature.

By the way, I second CivGeneral, billybones27, and Hasdrubal Barca.

Gentlemen, as this is one of our contested elections, I'd like to know how each of you plan on running the Office of Defense for our nation in the first Term. Will your standard approach be defensive, offensive, or exploration only? What military Techs will you push for? Things of this nature.
As of now, since we are starting a new fresh game, exploration is a must in order to find fertile lands to create settler/worker factories as well as staking claim to lands that would hold future resource exploits that will benefit us in the future after scientific discoveries have revealed key resources.

However, I am not going strictly for exploration since we defenately need to defend our cities from Barbarians and other Civs that wanna piece of us. The military tech that I will push for will be Bronze Working (unless the RNG is generous and kind to us and pop a goodie hut with Bronze Working in it)

If we pop a goodie hut that contains a spearmen, I'll have him sent to one of our cities, if we pop a goodie hut that contains a horsemen I'll have him join the exploration group.

Exploration, city garrisson for preventing unhapiness riots, worker coverage against barbarian (depending on the barb level), i pop huts with settler city building if hut is close or with warrior (switching all cities to grany) to maximaze chance of getting free settler or tribe.

I´d go for The Weel before Bronze Working to find where horses are and allow the creation of Chariots, then hold HRiding in a box until we have enough Chariots for upgrade.

I like to use conscript warriors to exploration and stand on strategic resources or as a sentry net.

I also like to send out an early curragh if our capital is near coast.

Priority should be on Pottery/Chop forests for early granary and establish a settler/worker and warrior factories.

We must keep and eye out for possible trades and what techs will the AI be lacking to trade it as sson as possible. Having all comunications possible is a must, the ssoner, the more valuable a tech as in the whole.

For early medieval, we should have enough chariots for upgrade to horsemen. Avoiding the research of Horseback Riding will allow us to focus towards Republic or Monarchy (if we are going to have a lot of units) and change governement.

Chariots will allow us to defend/attack along our road network in 6 square range and have less units for upkeep, more money per turn.

Try to keep 1.5 worker ratio per city.
Sentry mountains with one or two warriors to avoid barbarian uprising surprises.

We find viable gold and settler factories while we beeline to IW. we get a source of iron (archer rush if we need to). with that we can let the rest of the EB learn what they want, preferably wheel, but that ain't necessary. we get 15-30 swordsman, maybe a few cats in there to if we get math quick enough, then we pound the neighbors :hammer: while still letting the cities grow and get rich. crush any barbs we find, take their gold

Offense is the best defense

Top Bottom