Term 1 - Nominations for Public Defender

Cyc

Looking for the door...
Please post below your nomination for the Public Defender. You may nominate any registered C3C DemoGame Rivival Citizen (see Citizen Registry above). If you are registered, you may also nominate yourself for a position. Self-nomination is permitted.

This is a discussion thread, so please feel free to second a nomination or ask the candidates questions. All debates will take place in these Nomination threads.

Office description:
The Public Defender is part of the Judicial Branch along with the Chief Justice and Judge Advocate, and is tasked with upholding, clarifying and reviewing all changes to the Constitution and its supporting laws through Judicial Reviews, and upholding the rights of all citizens through Investigations. The Judiciary will carry out all its tasks in a fair, impartial, public and speedy manner.

The Public Defender will act as council to an accused citizen, if the accused citizen wishes.

I nominate CivGeneral for Pubic Defender.

I will nominate donsig for Pubic Defender.

I accept this nomination, with my 100% success rate as public defender.
Anybody have any questions for me?

If you had to defend somebody that you personally believed was guilty would you recuse yourself from the case or defend them?

If you had to defend somebody that you personally believed was guilty would you rescue yourself from the case or defend them?

Generally speaking i will defend anyone regardless of if i think they are guilty or not. I would only rescues myself if i the case involved me more than it involves a normal citizen.

I vote for Nobody also

:) Election Polls don't go up for a few more days, Hasdrubal Barca. You will actually see polls that ask you to vote for one of the candidates. These are just the Nomination threads.

If you've voted in all the Nomination threads, I'll just take that as which candidate you're supporting. :thumbsup:

Since it seems more unsporting to have unopposed candidates than to have the chutzpah to self-nominate, I will throw my hat in the ring for the office of public defender. To answer Black Hole's question, I would defend someone I thought guilty to the fullest reasonable extent, though I might inform the defendant of my feelings. If asked to withdraw from said case due to my feelings, I would comply.

Aye! Sorry Overseer714, but the Nomination threads have closed and the Election Polls have opened. I can't put you on the ballot after they have already opened. I guess I haven't explained the procedure well enough.

The nomination threads open towards the end of the month (keep on eye on the Election Office in the Government Sub-Forum). During the time they are open, you may nominate someone, or you may self-nominate. There is absolutely nothing wrong with self-nomination. I was going to do this Term if I hadn't been nominated. I have done it before. Lots of people have.

4 or so days later, the Nomination threads close (as far as nominations, can still be used as debate threads) and the Election Polls open. Everyone who has accepted a nomination and is not running for another office, will be put in the option section of the Election Poll when it opens. Once the Election Polls open, that's it. No one can be added. Again, my apologies.

Hopefully you will run next Term.

S'okay, I can participate as an ordinary citizen.

Or, as an extraordinary citizen. :D

Top Bottom