Term 1 - Nominations for Trade and Technology Leader

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
These are the traditional duties and powers of all councilmembers:

Post polls and discussions to determine citizen desires for departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Cast a tie-breaking vote in the polls determining their departmental policies, plans and agendas.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas based on citizen feedback.
Formulate departmental policies, plans and agendas of their own in the absence of citizen feedback (forum outage, low participation, etc).
Convey these policies, plans and agendas to the President for play in the game.
Call Legislative and Override Council Votes.
Vote in Council Votes of all types.

These are the duties of the Trade and Technology Department:

Organize trade deals.
Track the status and expiration of established deals.
Organize tech research queue.
Organize tech trades.
Organize tech espionage.

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

Yours,
The Election Office

Curious, why do have nominations for a position that doesn't exist?

There is a Minister of Trade and Technology though ...

-- Ravensfire

Curious, why do we have nominations for a position that doesn't exist?

We do have a Minister of Trade and Technology though ...

-- Ravensfire

Nominations for this possition will automadicly be directed to the The Minister of Trade and Technology office

All nominations for Science Leader will be automadicly be counted for The Minister of Trade and Technology office

Please close this thread, we already have a thread for Trade and Technology; please post nominations there (and anybody nominated in this thread is automatically nominated in that one).

Amirsan,

The debates will be happening in this thread. Introduce yourself, ask few questions, answer a few and have fun with the debate!

Since I am posting here,

As a canidate for the first Minister of Trade and Technology, what are your objectives during your term? What technological path would you like to see our country take for the first 5 techs?

-- Ravensfire

I would like to nominate myself for this position.

As a canidate for the first Minister of Trade and Technology, what are your objectives during your term? What technological path would you like to see our country take for the first 5 techs?

It really depends on the type of game we want to play. If we want an agressive, conquest game, I would say Bronze Working, Iron Working, Mathematics, Construction, and The Wheel in that order. If we are going for a peaceful game, I would say Bronze Working, Writing, Literature, Mysticism, and Pottery. For something in between, like if we are not sure yet, I would say Bronze Working, Masonry, Writing, Mathematics, Construction.

Ok, I will answer the question with what I know. :)

As Minister of Trade and Technology, what I do best, I will do my best to serve for this country. I love France. I have been successful in many games with France in Monarch and up. My objectives is a combination of gold/science and trade. My goal is to make France powerful in all of these three objectives. The way to do it is simple.

France is unique. Why is France unique? Well becuase in vanilla, France is the only Commercial and Industrious nation. So what? Well they start with the two most expensive first level techs. And the best part of this is that they lead to the most expensive second level tech called Mathematics (Writing also has the same value). Now as Trade Minister, we would use this bonus to our ADVANTAGE, I will start researching Mathematics, get it first, put science to minimum, then trade away with the big chip tech. From Mathematics we can do whatever we didn't get from trading Math. This will be depending on what way we want to go in the early game like naervod said. If we want military way, then we would probably go to Horseback Riding or Iron Working (assuming we have all the first level techs), if peaceful ways then if we have Writing we will go to a peaceful productive tech, maybe Currency.

I might of said too much, but this is what I will do exactly if I make the Minister of Trade and Technology. If I dont make it, then I offer this route to anyone who wants to use it.

-amirsan

The Trade Leader and Science Leader nomination threads have been merged and renamed. Debates will officially open in this thread later today.

Originally posted by BCLG100
ill nominate strider, however im not sure if he will be back in time to accept it

I think I made it back in time, but I'm still going to D Decline this nomination.

Top Bottom