Term 1 - Runoff Election for Secretary of War

Who shall be the Term 1 Secretary of War?

• Chieftess

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Donovan Zoi

Votes: 21 50.0%
  • Abstain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In normal elections, most votes come in at the beginning and at the end. Those who wish to vote and found a problem with the poll are likely to come back and see if it's fixed, and for those who wait until the end, the time missing from the beginning won't matter.

So in short, I don't think we need a new poll.

There is always the chance that it will tie again, and then people who want a new poll will get their wish. :eek:

Donovan Zoi said:
Once there, you should have the option to join the 4 Democrazy Game.
umm... does it still say Democrazy? I am pretty sure I fixed that a few days ago. :crazyeye: :D

Thunderfall said:
umm... does it still say Democrazy? I am pretty sure I fixed that a few days ago. :crazyeye: :D

Suuuuuuuuuuure you did. ;)

Thunderfall said:

You most certainly did. :) I was just going on the assumption that it hadn't been changed yet. :cracyeye:

Hey, how come my "cracyeye" smiley doesn't work anymore?? What's going on?? :confused: :lol:

RegentMan said:
A brand new poll would be most fair, but I don't think people want to vote for a third time. A couple hour extension to compensate would be best.

This poll is already running for four days instead of three for some reason. I am sure everyone will have plenty of time to vote.

If I lose this election, I certainly won't ask for an unnecessary extension.

Donovan Zoi said:
You most certainly did. :) I was just going on the assumption that it hadn't been changed yet. :cracyeye:

Hey, how come my "cracyeye" smiley doesn't work anymore?? What's going on?? :confused: :lol:

Somebody else needed the "z" and hasn't returned it yet. :lol:

Donovan Zoi said:
This poll is already running for four days instead of three for some reason. I am sure everyone will have plenty of time to vote.

If I lose this election, I certainly won't ask for an unnecessary extension.

What happens if there is another tie? Another tie-breaking poll? :confused:

Then we run it again. And again. And again. Look in the archives (DG2? DG3?) for the Donsig/Strider election. That had 3 runoffs.

Incredible, one vote broke the deadlock between two very qualified candidates. I felt DZ had a superior stance to CT's as posted in the original election.

Hehe. Seems like this is going to be a close one, again. If this one's a tie then I think we should just toss a coin like they did with the Gore vs. Bush "election" :crazyeye: :lol:

People of our nation,

I would like to extend my congratulations to Chieftess for her 11th hour victory in this election. What remains to be seen is whether this poll will even be valid in the eyes of the people.

With that being said, I would like to encourage all citizens to support the Triumvirate ruleset in this poll. This is now our ratified law of the land and therefore, it should require legal, not forum, action to change this.

As an original supporter of the Flexible ruleset, I can state that this isn't a tough decision for me. The Triumvirate ruleset is up and ready to go, so we should work to make changes from within. There is nothing stopping us from gradually transitioning from one ruleset to the other via the amendment process.

I would like to thank all of my supporters for making this another close race. As I have said before, you are in good military hands with Chieftess. I now plan to spend my free time pursuing some of the legal aspects of our dilemma, based on our current ruleset. As far as I am concerned, the show shall go on as planned, regardless of this incident.

Respectfully,

Donovan Zoi

Whoops, looks like I spoke too soon. For some reason, I thought it was the 8th. :lol:

This poll will still be running for another 15 hours, so I will retract my concession for now. However, I will not retract my statement regarding our current legal dilemma. Let's handle it properly.

Rik Meleet said:
55 people can vote in this poll (requested and received access to the membership group). There is still room for campaigning. Get those 16 voters voting for you, Donovan !

Chieftess, get at least 8 of them for you! There's still some campaigning to be done. ;)

RegentMan said:
It's the final day. Anything can happen!

Hopefully not. Let's agree on something within in the laws. ;)

I don't like mass pm-ing though, but 40 voters is a good number for any demogame. So, I'll make one final campaign here.

Not only did I express my plans in the previous election thread, but upon holding office, I will provide sub-offices for more participation. (office of civic defense, office of the army, office of the navy, office of exploration, etc.).

Chieftess said:
I don't like mass pm-ing though, but 40 voters is a good number for any demogame. So, I'll make one final campaign here.

Not only did I express my plans in the previous election thread, but upon holding office, I will provide sub-offices for more participation. (office of civic defense, office of the army, office of the navy, office of exploration, etc.).

I don't want to destroy your new campaign idea but don't promise what you can't fulfill. IIRC, there are no deputies for a triumvirat member and, IMO, it might be a quite shallow job to run a sub-office. Maybe you explain what you were thinking about in particular.

Take a look at prior demogames. Deputies or not, people often did have sub-offices. It adds a bit of fun and roleplay to the game.

Top Bottom