Term 2 – Nominations for Governor of Olympus

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The Governor of Olympus is responsible for the care, management, and use of the city and may also setup a civic government in any manner they see fit that does not conflict with Fanatikos laws.

The Governor is a member of the Senate which is responsible for choosing a President should an election cycle complete with no citizen elected as President, and for placing Fanatikos in a state of Mobilization. The Senate also has the power to declare War.

Please submit nominations for the Governor of Olympus in this thread and Accept or Decline any nominations you may receive. Self nominations are allowed. Citizens may only run for one elected position.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the 28 August (that’s 8pm EDT 27 August).

Thank you dear Daveshack :) But I must decline this nomination for City 5.
I always was a pioneer, and feel I contribute the best in the infant stages of a city.

I second Civman and nominate Civlord.

i second Civlord.

I third Civlord and withdraw my nomination.

Due to recent circumstances, I will lose regular internet access sometime around the 23rd, and I don't want to leave the city to barbarians when that happens!

I accept the nomination, and thank greekguy for it.

This is my message today:

VOTE FOR ME!

Thank you

As governor of Olympus, I will increase growth and commerce so all the squares produce the maximum gpt income and the much needed science production. I will build a temple, then a granary and start building workers for a heavy terrain development around the city. Until we start building our first wonder I don’t think shield production would be important. First let’s concentrate on building roads and then we will build mines.

Olympus, if there is no war, will be producing first a temple, a granary, then a library for culture and science. Last I will build a barracks and three hoplites. The capitol needs a heavy defense, and this won’t be neglected. If there is a war, however, then I will start building a barracks and then the hoplites before the granary, and only then I will be concentrating in developing the culture and the city growth. That is, if the circumstances allow:(, and in case we won’t need to build any more hoplites to defend the city in case of a successful enemy attack. If we get some important wonder tech and plan to build that wonder before the end of Term II, I will build mines all around, especially on the hills SW and NW of the city, as our first Wonder will probably be built on Olympus (as I think).

I will be avoiding clowns, as they don’t work the terrain and demand much needed food. The temple will be built quickly, so to avoid an early riot that could delay the progress of the city.

Well, that’s my general policy if I am elected. It’s my first time as governor of a city, so I must confess that I am quite inexperienced:(. But I will do my best according to my Civilization III building playstile.

@Civlord: currently you are the only one running. if no one else decides to run, you will win by default. so i'm afraid all your campaigning will probably be for naught. very impressive though. :)

greekguy said:
@Civlord: currently you are the only one running. if no one else decides to run, you will win by default. so i'm afraid all your campaigning will probably be for naught. very impressive though. :)

Every campaign has to impress the citizens, and this is what I am doing. Even without competition, we still need a large electoral campaign.

Top Bottom