Term 2 – Nominations for Minister of Foreign Affairs

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The Minister of Foreign Affairs is responsible for all matters involving treaties with foreign nations and all espionage activities. This includes Trade Embargoes, Military Alliances and the use of Spies to acquire technologies.

Please submit nominations for the Minister of Foreign Affairs in this thread and Accept or Decline any nominations you may receive. Self nominations are allowed. Citizens may only run for one elected position.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the 28 August (that’s 8pm EDT 27 August).

I graciously accept my nomination and I thank admiral-bell for seconding me. I am willing to answer questions anytime.

I second Ic and Nobody.

If a rival civ declares war on us would you favor an agressive policy, trying to go on the offensive or a passive policy, waiting out their attacks defensively until they will talk for peace?

A defenseive war is one that is very hard to win. We would have to hold a defense posture until we have mobilized a strong offensive force. Remember at 5CC we cannot have a large military due to lack of unit support. The chances of having a large offensive force at the time of an invasion or declaration of war by a foreign power is very slim. The answer is both. Defend at first, making some border raids, and then shift towards the offensive.

What is your stance on trespassing into a rival's territory for a turn or two to scout out prime spots for our armies? We need to be informed on what city to take from each empire, after all.

Reconnaisance missions are vital. It will annoy the enemy, no doubt, but it will be done if neccessary. I will try to gain as much information as possible without tresspassing, but of course I will give the order every now and then. ;)

I Decline my nomination. Because i am to busy to do it at the moment. I found the small tasks i had this turn to much with my hectic schedule, and the next month will have a bigger work load. I am considering quiting work anyway :p so maybe next term. I will run for a smaller position.

Nobody said:
I nomiate Greekguy.

thanks, but i'm running for City #3 again. i will probably go for this in Term 3, though.

EDIT: in case you don't know, i decline

Top Bottom