1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 2 – Nominations for President

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Game of Democracy VII' started by Furiey, Aug 23, 2005.

1. Furiey

Furiey No Longer Just Lurking

The President is responsible for control of the slider, worker allocation and resolving disputes between leaders, such as over use of gold. The President is also responsible for all tasks not assigned to another leader.

Please submit nominations for the President in this thread and Accept or Decline any nominations you may receive. Self nominations are allowed. Citizens may only run for one elected position.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the 28 August (that’s 8pm EDT 27 August).

2. Civlord

Civlord King

I nominate Octavian X.

3. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

I nominate Ravensfire.

4. Icmancin

Icmancin WSNR Pte

I second Octavian X.

5. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

I second ravensfire and Octavian_X.

6. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Wow - I'm quite honored.

I will, unfortunately, decline for this term. Perhaps next term you'll see the Man in Black Robes try for the Presidency...

-- Ravensfire

7. vikingruler

vikingruler King

i second Octavian X and nominate Chieftess.

8. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

I would be honored to continue to serve as President. I accept the nomination.

9. GenMarshall

GenMarshall Night Elven Ghost Agent

Versailles City, Vekta, United Terran Systems
    I second Oct

10. DaveShack

DaveShack Inventor Retired Moderator

No worries about Octavian X staying in office, but on general principle I'd like to see this contested. I'll nominate Furiey, let's see whether not having to run every play session means she can run. :)

11. Furiey

Thanks DaveShack

Actually not being DP makes me more likely not to run than the other way around, as I believe that if the President is responsible for leading and coordinating/balancing the efforts of the leaders they should also have the power to implement it in the most balanced way possible ie: they should be DP.

It would be nice to have a go at the beginning of the game rather than the end for once though.

Let say I'm undecided at the moment.

12. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Hmmm. The opportunity to lead discussion without being bogged down to play the save? :groucho:

I'll self-nominate for the Presidency and accept.

This game has been too much of a love-in for my tastes, with very little debate. Plus, there may be one or two people left here interested in:

Oct v. DZ II - The Revenge :spear:

Let's see what happens, shall we?

13. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

Finally! An excellent electoral challenge! I second Donovan's nomination! :D

Let's get this rematch started nicely, then - Mr. Zoi, what is your position on the Presidental allocation of workers? Specifically, where should our efforts at this early stage be directed - should we focus on the improvement of the land around the cities, or should national projects, such as networking, colonies, and prepartions for defense?

(And, DZ, while I've got your attention, please be sure to drop by the Apolyton C3CISDG team private forum. Things are heating up, and I plan on leaving my consular seat for the elections that start Sept. 7...)

14. RegentMan

RegentMan Deity

Woot! Glad to see you're still around, DZ!

15. Furiey

I'm going to have to Decline this nomination, despite being very tempted. However when I go back to work next week I know I'm going to be extremely busy and will probably have very little time for Civ.

16. greekguy

greekguy Missed the Boat

Questions for the candidates: Do you plan on building any wonders? What will be your way to use MGL's or SGL's if we get any? To which city will you allocate the most workers to and why?

17. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

Excellent question, Octavian. I think that we need to keep workers out of harms way for the time being, allowing us to concentrate on local projects. My campaign staff and I are in the process of investigating city specifics and will respond in much more detail soon.

As for allocation of workers, my plan is to set up local and national goals for the governors of our city states. In a perfect world, I would like each city to provide its own workstaff, but this will ned further investigation as well.

Best of luck, Octavian. I look forward to an in-depth conversation of today's issues from our people and our current Presdient.

18. Donovan Zoi

Donovan Zoi The Return

With our recent loss of the race to Writing, I am not sure that we can consider wonders at this time. I think that we should focus on optimizing our cities so that we may capitalize on future spoils once we are an enlightened people.

A wonder, if available. If not, I will open a discussion with the people.

Let me look into that. In theory, I would find it best to optimize the most food-rich city so that we can build their workers to join our other cities. Doing so would allow us to focus on mining instead of irrigation in the destination cities.

19. Furiey

This Nomination Thread is now closed for nominations. Please continue any debates/discussions in the Election Thread

Thank You