Term 2 - City Placement Discussion

Cyc

Looking for the door...
The Domestic Department is seeking input from the public on the City Placement plans below. The first one is the Departments current plan, with 5 new cities placed around the Capital. The second is a plan proposed by DaveShack in Term 1. Please review the following plans and submit your input below. Thanks.

I believe our next city should secure the Incense to the NE. Then we should send our next Settler West to the river (no aqueduct). Then, again West, but then South to secure all of the Commerce from the Hibernian Bay to the SW of Tara. After that, almost due South of Tara for another port City. Then NW to give us our fifth port City. We may want to consider a port City SE of Moira after that, but there may be other opportunities revealed at that time.

Once again, I have posted DaveShack's map.

Exactly, off-screen. That Wheat is a bit too far off for our first ring of cities (IMO). Probably looking at a city down the line to cover that Wheat. If we weren't looking at such a loose first ring, maybe we could send a lone Settler out to produce Workers. But I'd say the 6th city out (maybe not) and it would be in the NE corner of your western pink.

It's hard to place the cities closer because that would really waste a lot of land on the outside. The outer cities beyond the ones in these plans should probably be closer together for mutual support. :)

I favor DaveShack's map because of the placement of those 3 western cities. Move Cyc's #5 one spot SW and I'd say it's complete.

As to the order of settlement, obviously the coastal hill is first priority. After that, strike westward and save those two southeastern spots for a bit later.

Was that wink for me, Dave you sexy thing you?

Seriously, I think the general opinion is to go with your map. The yellow to the SW seems the obvious choice. If that's not what you're looking for, my friend, you should probably wink more until I get it. ;)

There are some fog tiles in both our maps that can be filled in now. Maybe check to see if any of the western cities need to be moved to account for what was revealed? I don't know offhand.

Daveshack's plan on an updated map with a few extra cities. Planned city numbers are not intended to suggest a settlement order. I feel we should head West next (yellow new city 3)

rather large so have left it as a thumbnail

Attachments

• Cyc of the Hibernia, 1830 BC smaller.jpg
    Cyc of the Hibernia, 1830 BC smaller.jpg
    497.7 KB · Views: 273
City number 7(light blue) looks yummy with all those BGs and forests, could be a really good Barracks town. I think after the yellow, it should be the next town settled.

Good thinking TO, but I think the reason this map was drawn the way it was and has garnished the approval it has is because it blocks the North/South travel of other tribes. By keeping this corridor secure, it enhances our trading abilities.

Excellent work on the map, Furiey.

Agreed on No 7 after yellow. With culture it will also get us horses. It will help to know where the iron is. City 4 further West would then block across and get closer to the Dyes. We'll want them whether we settle them ourselves or take them from our enemy.

We have established our Yellow city (still needs to be named Governor civplayah). Two other cities have been suggested. TheOverseer714 suggested City #7 on Furiey's map as the next city. The suggestion stated it would make a good military/barracks city being close to the Capital and having plenty of Bonus Graslands. His suggestion received support from Furiey and now from myself. Then Furiey has suggested another city to the WNW. New City #4. This will block North/South travel by other Tribes (if we're quick enough to kick them out - Minister of Foreign Affairs? What's our policy on this?)

We might have two Settlers produced this T/C, so let's hear some comments, please.

Top Bottom