Term 2 - City Placement Discussion

I'd say we should do spot #5 I think it is, that way we have a nice "fence"

So you're suggesting the city location SSW of the one Furiey suggested. By the sugar? That seems effective also, but doesn't have a river next to it.

Well the luck of me Irish! I see we're Celtic, and what great land we have! :D (Reminds me a bit of the area we had in Civ3 DG2 and DG6 with the tundra nearby)

I'm kind of torn between #1 and #5. I'd like to block the AI if they're closeby (not that they'll exactly obey borders in Civ3...) with #5, or even #2. #3 seems a bit far off for now.

Welcome back, Chieftess.

I'll go with #7 as the first to be planted and #5 as the second. #5 takes 9 turns to get there, as opposed to 7 turns for #4, and #4 has the river, but in order to quickly block that passage, #5 looks a little beter. We should probably switch production in the yellow city to a Temple for border expansion now. An build a Temple in #5 as quickly as possible.

Yes, I'd like to be Mayor of Molly.

In the Domestic Dept. Instructions, I have posted tht cities #7 and #5 should be established this T/C (if two Settlers can get to those spots).

Glad to see the new cities in place. Our next options need to be discussed a bit, but for our very next city #4 to the West in the map below (suggested by Furiey) has received fair approval.

City #10 is also on this map. This city takes up closer to the Fomorach.

We also have cities #8 and #9 to the North. I personally believe city #8 should go more to the North, all the way to the coast. This way it will not interfere so much with the tiles of Rhianon and Maeve. City #9 remains unmoved.

Cities #1 and #2 are to the South. These cities will be vital in proteting our empire from the Byzantine Naval forces. There is some healthy land for cities there, plus if we want we cant put a city between these two later, if we find ourselves with an extra Settler. City #1 has been moved slightly from Furiey's suggested site.

So here are 6 city sites up for discussion. The Domestic Departmnet would like to see location #4 done first, followed by #1. What do YOU think?

Attachments

• City 4 and 10.gif
    City 4 and 10.gif
    204.5 KB · Views: 262
  • City 8 and 9.gif
    City 8 and 9.gif
    251.8 KB · Views: 252
  • City 1 and 2.gif
    City 1 and 2.gif
    212.5 KB · Views: 219
Nice job on the maps. I didn't know you could show the improvements and worked tiles like that.

Anyone else notice the barb galleys are called Hibernians? :lol:

Personally I still prefer city 6 between the sugar and the cow, which leaves 1 back in the the original position.
Is that the coastal spot east of the cow? And moving 1 a tile to the east as a result?

Thank you, DaveShack.
I believe city #6 should move to the Hilltop (Yellow 6) where it will have better defensive qualities and will not interfere with city #1 as much.

Attachments

• Furiey's 6.gif
    Furiey's 6.gif
    158.5 KB · Views: 254
Yes, I never have like those kinds of cities either. I guess my attempt at efficiency wasn't that efficient. Consider City #1 moved one tile East and City #6 the red 6. I will support Furiey's recommendations.

Last edited:
I feel the next city should be built north of Rhiannon, possibily on the tile just north of the Gold.

The gold could help to alleviate our current economic crisis, along with the gold from the Coast, a Harbor to support the population, and a marketplace this new city could become very valuable.

Which do you like better? The RED 11 or the GREEN 11 for a city placement?

Attachments

• City 11.gif
    City 11.gif
    153.7 KB · Views: 219
Top Bottom