Term 2 - Commander of the Armed Forces: Dawn of War

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
Welcome to the Commander's post. As you know, this is traditionaly the Military Leader's possition in previous demogames.

Commander of the Armed Forces: CivGeneral
Deputy Commander of the Armed Forces: Cavvie

Military Information As of 1375 B.C.E.

(Click on thumbnail for larger view)

Term I

My Lord Commander,

As you may have seen in my post in the Information Office, I will no longer be providing troop summary information. The reasons are detailed there.

This is information, however, that I feel you are well-suited to provide to the citizens. The original intent was to track the battles of each unit (possible due to the renamings) as it progresses.

Thanks!
-- Ravensfire, Information Office

Commander,
Borrowing a page from Provolutions book I would like to invite you and Mad-Bax to participate in a point counterpoint about wether to war with the Dutch or India first. Make it as long as you feel it should be and discuss anything you feel is relevant, please post your reply in the Camelot Times threar

Commander,

You've said previously a Dutch war would be to deny them iron. However, I assume you didn't look at a 'clean map' (control+shift+m). Utrecht is founded on Iron and is hooked up to their capital, and is a core city. Thus, all we would gain from a Dutch war is a few autorazed size 1 cities. On the other hand, India is the perfect target. We would keep their capital, and possibly other cities, since they are religious, and temples are cheaper, hence more culture = less autorazes. Please think about this.

Domestic Consul

Thus, all we would gain from a Dutch war is a few autorazed size 1 cities.

we could prepare some settlers and spearmen. And as the cities burn we could bulid our own in there place. Giving us a strong core for future expansion. I would prefer Fanatiaan cities rather than Indian citys.

Ok this is a very rough starting template for troop tracking. Give me your input. I don't think we can track every battle but it would be cool to see when units are created, the upgrades and maybe promotions they have plus their decommission dates (or unfortunate losses). The dates here are my estimates from what I could glean from previous session threads. I'm open to all suggestions. By the way, I've attached the pic because I don't know how to paste it directly on...

Actually, I might be getting myself into something quite complicated but it doesn't hurt to try.

Updated: Troops as of 730 BC: The Dawn of War!!!

...I hope people are looking at this.

Attachments

• troopsC750.JPG
    troopsC750.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 335
I have decided to appoint cavvie as the Military Deputy. Its a hard decision since there were many canidates to chose from. cavvie has already showed me to be a capable "hands-on" deputy and has taken the unit tracking on his own :).

I am pleased to adnounce that cavvie is the new Military Deputy and I hope that he will become an active citizen in both the Demogame and CFC community :).

I happily accept this important position. Once again I would like anybody who has anything to say to offer input on the unit tracking if you have any ideas, preferences, or suggestions to make this task easier. Thanks.

Commander,
Will there be a Admiral of the Navy in this demogame. There was one in the last one and though you might think this is a small job, i feel that you should still make a small naval department so that newbs like me can understand how this department and the turnchat works. We may only have one ship now, but later on a naval department could do a lot of good things. Like help manage large transport fleets or reinforce a naval blockade.

Commander,

Could you please prepare an estimate of our victims (I mean neighbors :mischief: ) troop strengths and how many units we have to form in order to bring ourselves to an average position. As stated in the Presidential thread, the primary emphasis would be our geographic region (Netherlands, India, China) but if the same information can also be gathered for the rest of the world it would be appreciated.

Additionally, if we are to go on the offensive versus either India or Netherlands, we will need an estimate of how many troops are needed.

Streingths Comparisons between us and the other nation.

Dutch: We are weak compared to them
Byzatine: We are weak compared to them
Japan: We are weak compared to them
Myan: We are weak compared to them
Portugal: We are weak compared to them
China: We are weak compared to them
India: We are weak compared to them
Persia: We are weak compared to them
Hitties: We are weak compared to them

As you can see, Dave, We need more modern units (Swordsmen) and a larger army. Since the Dutch has an iron resource under Utrecht, I dont forsee any invasions into the Dutch but looking more twards the west and taking India.

CivGeneral said:
Streingths Comparisons between us and the other nation.

Dutch: We are weak compared to them
Byzatine: We are weak compared to them
Japan: We are weak compared to them
Myan: We are weak compared to them
Portugal: We are weak compared to them
China: We are weak compared to them
India: We are weak compared to them
Persia: We are weak compared to them
Hitties: We are weak compared to them

As you can see, Dave, We need more modern units (Swordsmen) and a larger army. Since the Dutch has an iron resource under Utrecht, I dont forsee any invasions into the Dutch but looking more twards the west and taking India.

Don't we have iron to build swords. In my opinion we should upgrade all warriors and leave the exploration to the Curragh

Isn't it more expensive to build swords from scratch? we could disconnect the iron, then we could have citys with barracks churn out vet warriors. once we have a sizable force to take on our first enemy, we should reconnect the iron and upgrade our warriors. i also think we should build a few chariots (maybe half a dozen). this could be a kind of blitzkreig force to take out an enemy city by itself.

Although it would have been a little better to keep the iron disconnected for a while we can keep Bentley disconnected and make some warriors there.

Gulliver said:
Commander,
Will you please respond to my naval post
I dont feel the need (Right now as the Department is still small) to have a Department of the navy since we only have one naval unit.

commander,
Certain events have occured in the past few hours that could be perceived as an attack on you by the camelot times. I personally wrote the article that may have started all this but I am not sure if that was it . Needless to say I only wrote the article and pointed out your switch because it is news, not because I feel any malice towards you. So I offer the sincerest apologies on my behalf for any role I may have had in these troubles

-Mhcarver

I just wanted everyone in the War Room to know That there is a war going on!! Persia and Japan are now are enemies

Top Bottom