1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 2 Election Poll - Chief Justice

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Democracy Game II' started by Methos, Mar 27, 2007.

?

Who do you want to be the Chief Justice?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2007.
  1. donsig

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  2. mike6426

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. ravensfire

17 vote(s)
    68.0%
  4. Abstain

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Please vote for the person you feel would make the best Chief Justice for this term.

Candidates:
    • donsig
    • mike6426
    • ravensfire

The candidate with the most votes at the conclusion of the poll will be the Chief Justice for Term 2. In the event of a tie, a run-off poll listing all tied candidates will be conducted. This will continue until we have a winner.

Poll Options:
    -- Private
    -- 3 days duration
    -- Single choice

2. Nobody

Nobody Gangster

i vote donsig, though i will still be happy if ravensfire wins.

3. ravensfire

ravensfire Member of the Opposition

Fellow citizens,

We haven't really had a debate, or any questions posed to any of us! Most of you know both donsig and I, but not Mike6426 who's also running for this office.

Mike - I'd like to encourage you to let us know who you are, and what you plan to do with this office!

For me, I expect to run the office basically the same. We've had a handful of questions this past term - showing the strength of the ruleset and the basic concept we're following. I hope that will continue, but will continue to head off possible issue by posting as needed to make sure that our rules are followed.

I'll also continue to post comments when I feel that things can be done better, even if they are done "by the book". I hold elected officials to a high standard - including myself.

Citizens - you've got excellent option in this poll. If you've got questions that might help narrow down your choice, please post it to the three of us!

-- Ravensfire

4. GeorgeOP

GeorgeOP RF Bleachers

[kidding] which one of you voted for me? [/kidding]

Another very, very tough choice. I almost want to expand the bench to 20 to get all the qualified candidates a seat.

What do the three candidates feel about an elected official making a quicker than usual decision without a poll to make jump on a perceived opportunity right before a TC? Ex, let's say someone brings up Tuesday that we should send a scout a different direction than his current heading and the official agrees. But the TC is Wednesday. So the official posts an order to move the scout without more discussion. Should the official be reprimanded or punished at all?

5. mike6426

mike6426 Singularitarian

As Chief Justice, I would try to go with the people's intentions, going through the old threads to see what it was made for. If I cannot discern what the original intention was, or the majority's intention, then I will, generally, go on the more conservative side.

I will also try to find possible holes or loopholes in current laws and challenge them, creating a better law in its place.

In response to GeorgeOP, I believe that the official should be punished although not severely, unless this has happened before.

6. ravensfire

If there was a poll about the scout, the official would probably deserve a reprimand. If there wasn't, then probably nothing should happen. Ideally, if there is a change like this, the benefits of that change should be fairly obvious. If the benefits are questionable, I would hope that the citizens would let the official know that they aren't happy.

The Judiciary should be there only as a last resort, or when there is violation of the rules. Citizens need to police actions that might be hasty, or disrespectful, but not against the rules.

-- Ravensfire

7. donsig

donsig Low level intermediary

Sorry for not participating much here but to tell the truth, even I voted for ravensfire. :D

8. ravensfire

:eek:

High compliments from the major driving force behind the ruleset and the core concepts! Thanks! I hope you'll continue (chuckle) to participate (laugh) in the heavy (guffaw) workload (rolling around) of the Judiciary this game (tears pour from laughter)!

-- Ravensfire