Term 2 - Elections - Foreign Affairs Minister

Pick the person you believe will serve Fanatikou best.

• Goonie

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Zarn

Votes: 11 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I am was planning to bring this out later. But I believe this is the perfect place, so that people may see my type of work. Also, please visit my office to see my other work. Also, someone told me they thought I was the agressor in the whole GC situation, and that I have been saying WAR WAR WAR!! Like the Orcs in Warcraft. That is false. After the strategy chat, and 40J's plan beign voted in, it was evident that our nation felt it neccesary to take Balance of Power, and win a war with Gamecatcher. Being the FA minister, I used this information to make plans and proposals, and that is when the Shen Ling Accord poped up! I am simply trying to take the will of the people and implement it in my ideas, and then try and make the people's will carry us as far as possible. So without further adieu, the Foreign Affairs Ation Plan.

Foreign Affairs Action Plan

As it has been clear for some time, this nation has decided that eventually, we must eliminate GC and take the Balance of Power. Since it is evident that the Shen Ling accord will be voted in, these are the steps that we should take to prepare for the announcement of this treaty to Elucidia.

1. Get final approval from the public.
2. Continue with 40J's plans to amass enough military strentgh for an assault on Balance of Power.
3. Continue to talk about a prosperous future when we meet with Elucidian Officials.
4. Build roads eastward.
5. When we feel we almost adequate military strength(5-8 turns before we are at BoP), propose the Shen Ling Accord to Elucidia.
6. If they accept plan our assault.

It is important to prepare for what ifs.

What if GC and Poly Attack Elucidia

If this happens, I propose we take advantage of this oppurtunity to make a full out assault - if we can - on Balance of Power. The timing is essential. As soon, as GC's troops are moving into Elucidian territory, we should send our swords toward Balance of Power.

All of this is open to suggestions and changes!

I am not threadjacking. It shows what I am up too and why I should be elected! It shows my work, and my plans!

"4. When we feel we almost adequate military strength(5-8 turns before we are at BoP), propose the Shen Ling Accord to Elucidia."
Its good to hear that you wont be making this proposal too soon. I would have almost voted for it if I had heard that first.

But then, you are the team leader. You have enough power as it is. You are almost like a governor general - plans only get your tick if the whole nation wants it.

Zarn - you have the skills to communicate with people, not only with people of other languages, but of the same language. You dont seem to get involved in as many arguments as Goonie. No offence to anybody intended, thats just what happens. Maybe it's the team leader job.

However, you havent been in as many leadership roles as goonie. that doesn't mean you're worse, it just means you haaven't proven that you're worthy. Yet.

So who will I vote for? Well, lets just say... Zarn! I'll give you a chance to prove yourself. Gonnie already has, and he is a very good FA.

Both worthy candidates.

Well I had to write good and bad points on both people.

I couldn't really think of many bad points - thats the best I could do. So lets just accept it as a compliment.

Same goes to Zarn - I had to think of reasons not to vote for you, as well as reasons to vote for you. thats the best I could do.

BTW in australian parliament, The governor general is the queen's representative who has to sign all laws passed. He has the right to reject a law or overthrow a government if it is the queen's wish. e.g. the government cannot agree on anything.

For those who are confused, read up on Prime minister Gough Whitlam... (bad spelling)

EDIT: I have edited this as it was out of character for me, and did not convey my message well.

The best way to describe the way I feel would be to compare my self to others. I think Chieftess and Donozan Zoi, have best described how I fell.

In Chieftess' thread where she talked about leaving the Demogame, she talks about not feeling appreciated. I now feel the same type of lack of appreciation as she did. I worked very hard in this position, and I think only a handful of people have noticed, and those are the people who are here on a daily basis. Chieftess said she felt as if no one valued her work, and this is how I feel. It is like when you shoot hoops with your friends, if someone makes a basket, they say respect, and you pass the ball back. I feel that I should have gotten a bit of respect for a job I felt was well done. I have mixed feelings of anger and sadness, but mostly confusion as to what I did wrong. What did I do to not to receive the ball for that second shot?

Donozan Zoi also summed up my feelings of sadness in the Term 5 Military Leader Thread. During Term 4, he was deputy and performed quite admirably in Falcon's absence, with GREAT and DETAILED military plannig. When I work, I always try and mimic his detail. He wrote this:

"How depressing.....I guess my hard work and attention to detail didn't pay off after all. "

Those are exactly my sentiments. I felt as though all my work, was not noticed.

Finally, I would like to apologize for my earlier rant that was quite out of character. I hope you can sympathize with me somewhat, and understand, why I was angry, and why I wanted to know what I had done wrong. I am sorry, and I assure you it won't happen again.

Maybe you'll never understand. They most probably dont think your a bad leader, or that Zarn is necessarily a better one. People's minds can be strange, and if I knew the reason why a person does everything that they do, I'd be veeeeeeery veeeeeeeery rich.

A wild guess of mine is that half of these people thought "Oh, lets give Zarn a turn, he hasn't held a position yet!" and others were most probably thinking that Zarn must have been in the demogame business longer, so he must be better.

In some cases, only about a quarter of the winner's votes were based on their merits. The rest are for I dont know what. Maybe higher post counts.

Either way, dont worry about it too much. At least you can say that those 8 people who voted for you did so for good reasons.

Goonie, you're very active thus easily contacted, without PMing or directing comments/quesions towards you.

Zarn, you don't need to be elected to be actice. I hav around 5-7% of the posts in this subforum and I'm just a congressman (citizen).

I voted Goonie, even though Zarn is qualified. Besides, you voted GBM for governer ;) (don't worrty, that didn't actually make a differance here).

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
A wild guess of mine is that half of these people thought "Oh, lets give Zarn a turn, he hasn't held a position yet!"

That's half my reasoning. And thank you for voting Zarn!

-Noldodan, Zarn's unofficial campaigner-in-arms

Goonie, since you decided to erase what one of my colleagues wrote in your post, I will reiterate it. The reason I (and several others apparantly) did not vote for you is because of your reaction above. This is not uncommon, and is not exactly the sort of face we want to put forward to other sites. People who act as diplomats cannot be easily offended and do a good job. I suggest you find another office to run for next time.

When have I every ranted in that manner before eyrei? And on the job, I have never said things like that! Secondly I am not offended, I want to know what I did that was so terrible.

Edited earlier rant. I am sorry.

well apparently 45% of the people here don't think you're doing something terrible. And the other 55% most probably dont think you're doing anything terrible either, unless this argument/whatever you want to call it continues.

Most citizens in demogames dont vote for candidates who will get upset if if they lose an election (except the ones who feel sorry for them). In fact, if this whole argument never happened, you may have won or tied this election.

Next time, dont take things so personally. At least half of the candidates lose. I think everyone who has entered an election has lost one at some point and been without a job for a term(except for maybe Octivan X, but he's an exception ;))

And lets not let this go too far. We all know what each other's positions are in this 'debate' and arguing more wont necessarily change them. We dont want to lose any members now, do we? All because of this?

Do worry, GM. Goonie and I have talked about this privately in chat.

Yeah, I talked to Zarn because I didn't want him to think I was mad at him, and we ended up talking for more than half an hour, about the FA office, and republicans ;). I have wished him luck this term, and all the best.

Top Bottom