Term 2 - Foreign Affairs Advisor poll

We come bearing gifts. Mind if we build a city here?

• Jayne

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Octavian X

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke o' york

It don't mean a thing....
We haven't yet discovered any other signs of life on this brave new world but we know they're out there and we need someone to direct our attempts to find them. Who is the new Erik the Red (or Colombus, whichever you prefer) to seek out (and inevitably destroy) new civilisations and guide our future relations with them? Will they push for the research of Map Making in the near future?
A traveller from a distant land (well, somewhere quite close to my girlfriend's parents), Jayne is relatively new to CFC but has done quite well in the GotM and this pedigree will aid her in the role of conducting exploration and in the diplomatic negotiations to come.
Octavian X seems to look a lot like Homer Simpson, if that is any kind of recommendation and his election promise of free doughnuts for all seems to make him very popular, although it is unlikely he will fulfil it. A vet of the Civ 3 Demo game, can he transfer his skills to Civ 2?

Thanks for the votes!!

Although I'm a relative newbie to the Demo Game I'm dead enthusiastic and looking forward to the challenge!! :jump:

Why not, I'll vote for Octivian X here too. :)
Go Octivian X!

Originally posted by Octavian X
And here I thought I was gonna be uncontested.

You almost were uncontested. I got back from my holiday with just hours to go before nominations closed!

I voted for Jayne because I expected you to be president in the Civ 3 game...

Originally posted by Octavian X
Are you kidding? I'm losing that election by at least 13 votes! If I wasn't up against Chieftess and Grey Fox...

Well the voters cannot have seen the doughnuts...Or maybe they didn't believe your promise of free doughnuts?

Well if it's any consolation I voted for you in Civ 3 Octavian. :)

Maybe you need to jazz up your campaign a little. Mind you, if you tried to jazz it up by importing some images from the Babe Thread in OT then I don't think that would make you too popular with the voters or with Duke but if you've got some more ideas then go for it. :goodjob: Maybe it's a bit late for these elections as I imagine that most people will have voted, but if you want to stand again then you'll have a decent chance. You just have to raise your profile by posting in the threads here. :)

The closing of the polls in the elections see Octavian X wondering how he could have come so close in so many different elections, despite strong support from the Civ 3 people, and Jayne having a new office designed in the Foreign Office.
The maps of the empire are constantly being redrawn as the Fanatican troops push back the frontiers of our territory but the question remains: What lies behind the mighty forest to our north? Only Jayne can show us, guiding our exploring troops expertly to discover where other civilisations may be found and telling them exactly where to stick their demands for gold and knowledge. :)

I've been the duke o' york, your Electoral Commissioner and these have been the Term 2 NUF elections. See you all again this time next month. Thank you and good night! :D

:jump:

Thank you for you votes in electing me as your new Foreign Advisor. I promise to serve you to the best of my ability (and Baby Lucy says she'll help as well!!).

To be honest, I never expected to be elected due to me being a bit of a newbie. Any previous Foreign Advisors wanting to give me some tips on the workings of Government will be welcome!

So, lets get going and show those AI's we mean business!!:splat:

Originally posted by Dell19
I'm sure Octavian X would like a recount to ;)

Any more trouble from you sonny Jim and I'll impeach yo sorry ass back into the stone age! ;)

Congratulations Jayne! :goodjob: And er, Lucy too. :D
Seems a bit mean to inflict the turnip green colour scheme on a little girl though. :crazyeye:
If you need any help then have a look at the threads civ1-addict created in the last government and if you need any more then you could go to the archives and look at the job of the foreign advisors from the last Demo game. :) If in doubt then feel free to ask, and if you have any difficulties posting maps and arrows when you want to then ask one of those people who are good at graphics. (starlifter and Duke spring to mind, though ainwood has been good too recently - I'm stuck with a work PC though so I can't do anything graphicwise :()

Cheers Duke. I think I'll be ok with the graphics. I've been having a little play around. I assume the President will ask when he wants a decision from the Foreign Office based on the discussion.

Lucy quite likes the Turnip Green.... a little easier on her young eyes than the bright yellow one!;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom