Term 2 Foreign Office

Robi D

Minister of (Dis)Order
Well hopefully this thread will see some action this term (unless you count scout devouring lions, with which negotiations were futile at best) and we run into someone or they run into us.

In the first term we at least had a good look around to our north and found plenty of promising site for new cities.

and dont forget the ice cream and espresso machines you have in this office, all i got was a chair a desk and a mini fridge for storing some ahem nutritional drinks ahem.

BCLG100 said:
and dont forget the ice cream and espresso machines you have in this office.

That's the only reason i get any visitors, and don't forget the doughnuts:)

someone said do-nuts???

There is not much happening on the foreign front so in the mean time i wanted to run an idea by you guys. In the civ3 mtdg each of the team has its own publication and i wanted to know if any of you guys would be interested in doing one for Aloha. I've been doing the Doughnutian Gazette by myself basically (yes my art work is crappy), but i don't want to do another on my own so if we had 3 or 4 people participating i figure we can do an edition every 15 or so turns and have a bit of fun.

Robi D said:
There is not much happening on the foreign front so in the mean time i wanted to run an idea by you guys. In the civ3 mtdg each of the team has its own publication and i wanted to know if any of you guys would be interested in doing one for Aloha. I've been doing the Doughnutian Gazette by myself basically (yes my art work is crappy), but i don't want to do another on my own so if we had 3 or 4 people participating i figure we can do an edition every 15 or so turns and have a bit of fun.

ill help after exams, we did the bible in TNT, i think we should try and do something different though.

Sounds good....I will help...

Well i just had a simple one or two page newspaper in mind with a few stories for each issue, if you want to see an example you can look through the issues of the Doughnutian Gazette here. This way we can show them why Aloha is the best, plus we can throw a few red herrings into the mix.:)

Like our iron and copper in our city radius already:) And the ring of land surrounding our home continet.

Let me think a bit..I migth have some good material.

Someone else could start a game with cathy, take pictures of that and try and claim it is us...

I can do that..:) I will even worldbuild it "correctly":) I am thinking flood plains and copper.

robboo said:
I can do that..:) I will even worldbuild it "correctly":) I am thinking flood plains and copper.

no put copper outside the boundries but put a few cottages there, and a worker built with a settler on the way- make it look like were cottage spamming it.

put a couple of dyes down perhaps though...

OK...:) I will work on it adn post it for you guys approval. I actully a have a cathy game in progress that migth have a perfect spot. ( goofing off on trying to find a cottage/farm ratio)

Well we can't post photo's obviously because we can trade maps, so it would be an obvious lie. What we can do for the first edition for example is have one story - Rice Aloha's staple diet (true) and a second story - Iron discovered, scientist foresee many uses (false). That way it is difficult to seperate fact from fiction. A lie is best hidden between two truths

We cant show maps, however we could show a closeup of a worker mining an iron patch to make things more believable for that story :)

thats sounds good...

BCLG100 said:
We cant show maps, however we could show a closeup of a worker mining an iron patch to make things more believable for that story :)

That is true:D

Btw ybbor seems a lot better in the art deptartment then me, maybe he could design a template

I have an idea...

Called stories from the frontier...
Basically we lie about all the wonderful city sites make them seem like perfect GP farsm, spam centers, production cities....AND we say that we have seen another Civs borders but we were not able to contact them....so we easy back the way we came to discuss our options with this new civ.

I am sure we have all had that happen..reveal a tile edge and "see"a border but not be able to contact the other civ. This could make some of the other teams stop and wonder...

Dont forget..we need to reveal our nations flag:)

Top Bottom