Term 2 - Military Advisor poll

The chariman of the Joint Chiefs of Stuff will be....

• ainwood

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Dell19

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke o' york

It don't mean a thing....
With a mighty army of two legions, a horseman, a chariot, an archer and a phalanx at our disposal we need a strong hand to guide our military. Unfortunately funxus has declined his nomination for this election and so we are left with only two candidates, from only a few miles apart.
Ladies and gentlemen, your challengers this morning are Grantham's own, Dell19, and New Zealand's favourite exile, ainwood! Which of these fine figures of men is the more worthy to lead the armies of Fanatica to glory and crush the puny civilisations masquerading as challengers to our ultimate triumph?
Read what they have to say and cast your vote. Unlike the Civ 3 demo game, there will be no abstain option as I don't see the point. Why bother to walk to a polling booth to not vote for one of these great candidates?

Well, I guess I better post something convincing. :D

I believe in strategic warmongering. The best form of defence is attack; strike at the enemies weak points quickly, and in superior numbers. If you don't have superior numbers, then harrass, pillage and disrupt.

Staying at home and staying neutral is not an option - you've got to make every effort to stunt the opposition while you grow your own central infrastruture.

I do not believe in building an army for the sake of it and to the detriment of all other functions. The army must be fit-for-purpose. A defense that is strong enough in the core areas, supported by fast units for counterattacks. An offensive force to be grown when the enemies locations are confirmed.

Vote for me, and lets destroy the AI quickly, and efficiently. :goodjob:

Who better to vote for, than a previous president. I've seen us find these units and will command them to glorious victories, as soon as we find another civ. Of course defense is also important to keep the citizens happy and to keep away the barbarians.

With two legions, although one may be used to protect our latest city, we can surely take several AI cities.

So vote for me to see our nation expand safely and efficiently.

Also Ainwood keeps secrets like the countdown in his sig so he may not tell you something that is important in the future ;)

Originally posted by Dell19
Also Ainwood keeps secrets like the countdown in his sig so he may not tell you something that is important in the future ;)

Yup, important things like the date of Christmas ;).

This is the duke o' york, election reporter for the Fanatica Times, and as you'd expect, things are certainly heating up in the battle to lead the armies of Fanatica. The two candidates for the position of Military Advisor have both issues their statements to the electorate at an event marred by what seemed to be a personal attack from one of the candidates which led to a mass brawl between the groups of rival supporters. Mr Dell19, in what may come to be regarded as a shrewd political move or potentially career suicide, called upon his opponent ainwood to come clean about his alleged "dirty secrets" and let the electorate know what his sig is all about so that the election could be fought out in the open in a clean fight. At time of going to press, Mr ainwood has refused to comment on his rival's allegations that this sleaze is indicative of his leadership style or even to countenance the rumours of any kind of dirty tricks. Although a press release from his office is expected in the near future, members of Mr ainwood's staff/bodyguard have not been drawn to comment. More on these stunning allegations, and an in-depth analysis of Mr ainwood's response to follow, only in the Fanatica Times.

The mud slinging and newpaper are definitely fun!

Ainwood's picture is spooky, but I like that in a military man. And I'm considering giving a new man a chance ... but it's true, Dell19's leadership has gotten us very far, has built our community ... so what do you all think about these two?

I'm afraid. I'm very afraid.

I seem to remember a men named Caesar. He had a large number of loyal soldiers who he had "acquired" himself. I wonder what he would have done had he lost an election like this one.

"Hey Mr. Caesar, would you mind handing over control of your myriads of devoted followers to me, the newly elected military man, or would you rather bring disaster upon the countryside and plunder our fair city of Rome?" - "Well, I JUST don't know. Give me a minute there!"

There is only one way to vote for the concerned citizen who dislikes bloody fighting and civil war...

Sadly I cannot do anything like like... Maybe one day when Civ has been turned in MMORPG, then I'll be able to lead a revolt against Ainwood...

"Yup, important things like the date of Christmas ."

Its not Christmas, its January the 5th/6th/7th.

From the Fanatica Times exclusive last week:
More on these stunning allegations, and an in-depth analysis of Mr ainwood's response to follow, only in the Fanatica Times.

Mr ainwood's response:
:lol: Tee-hee! :D

Well, yes. That doesn't really lend itself to an exhaustive in-depth analysis does it? Never mind, we'll just have to fill the space with more adverts or another excerpt from our occasional series Disturbing images from the mind of Ghengis Khan. The trouble it is to run a newspaper even in these peaceful times. :rolleyes:

With three quarters of the vote, it has been decided that ainwood has the biggest sword in the land and shall be at the head of our armies as we seek to crush any opposition we might find. Once the new foreign advisor has directed the exploration towards the cities of the infidels then we will rely on the strong arm of ainwood to smite them most mightily. Rumours of a strange haka ritual being practised by our troops prior to entering battle are as yet unconfirmed.

Frankly I blame it on a biased poll. People are too lazy to roll their mouse wheel down the page so they never got to read my campain comments. Even worse were the people who only saw the top name and thought there was only one person to vote for. I demand a recount of the votes as well!

Grumbling about having to get out of bed and disturb his well-earned rest after the elections, the Electoral Commissioner, a dapper young fellow known as the duke o' york, finally gets around to recounting the votes and finds that ainwood is the new Military advisor. Who'da thunk of it? Now leave me alone until next month! ;)

Originally posted by duke o' york
Well, yes. That doesn't really lend itself to an exhaustive in-depth analysis does it? Never mind, we'll just have to fill the space with more adverts or another excerpt from our occasional series Disturbing images from the mind of Ghengis Khan. The trouble it is to run a newspaper even in these peaceful times. :rolleyes:

Oh allright.....:)

Our reporter Peter Arnett finally caught up with ainwood on the Northern front, where he was leading the 3rd Elite Tank division to another crushing victory over the American Forces Ie - finishing the Civ III GOTM.

Ainwood was reluctant to comment on the alledged mud-slinging of Dell19. "Dell19 is a great President" said ainwood, And in the Presidential Office, honesty is paramount. But out on the battlefield, you can't afford to tell everyone everything. Lose lips cost lives.

The word from ainwood's office is that he firmly believes on full-disclosure, on a need-to-know basis. "We won't be hiding anything from the government."

P.S. Maybe a poll on whether the Fanatica Times shold be a tabloid or a broadsheet? If you're going to go with the tabloid format, why not go the whole-hog and link to the babe thread. ;)

Or I could go for the Daily Mail style and link to Mr President's posts. ;) Perhaps something along the lines of Private Eye, but I definitely don't want to read the personal ads of anyone here!

I doubt that there will be a formal newspaper like the Civ 3 game have got but then their players have a heck of a lot more free time than I do and they get all heated up about the role-playing aspects of the game. If we're not careful then there'll be a big gang of Civ 3 Demo game players trying to invade China. :eek: ;)

Yep a huge military against perhaps 50 people at most, armed with keyboards...

I'm not completely sure anymore but I think it goes:

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom