Term 2 Nomination Thread - Public Defender

Methos

HoF Quattromaster
Hall of Fame Staff
Retired Moderator
Position: Public Defender

This is the Nomination thread for the office of Public Defender.

The Public Defender is a member of the Judiciary. As with all members of the Judiciary, the Public Defender will resolve and clarify any questions of our laws, investigate any possible violations of the laws and review amendments to the Constitution. The Public Defender is also responsible for providing any citizen accused of violating a rule with representation during a trial, unless that citizen wishes otherwise.

To nominate a citizen for Public Defender, including yourself, post the name in this thread or PM Methos. Self-nominations are considered automatically accepted unless indicated otherwise. Citizens may only accept one nomination.

All citizens are encouraged to post questions to the nominees about their plans and qualifications for the office. Nominees are encouraged, but not required, to answer these questions.

The election poll will be posted by 2:00 pm (1900 GMT) on March 27th and will list all accepted nominations, in order of acceptance.

Good Luck,
Methos

I would like to self-nominate for this possition. (BTW, I also accepted by default ;) )

I would like to say that I have been around the Judicary for a bit and have gained some skills along the way in real life that I feel would be of use for this office.

I am a non biased person when juidical matters happen and seek to defend the person who is in need if the time ever comes. Outside the Demogame (and the net), I typcialy fill the role as an archivist in my Human Resource internship and I feel that the archiving skills that I have gained would also help the judicary move faster and efficantly. I am looking forward on helping the Demogame's Judicary branch with the skills that I have accuired in real life.

Darn it General, why didn't you run for JA or something. :resigned sigh:

For those of you that weren't around, I did serve as Public Defender in Demo cIV I. In real life I'm an ex-teacher and ex-manager where I've had to resolve numerous disputes. I also believe in speedy trials, thinking the judiciary should not have the power to grind the game to a halt.

This is beginning to sound repetitive, but I'll also nominate myself for re-election to this seat.

While the current Judiciary hasn't heard any cases thus far (leaving me without a record to run on), I think my activity in debating and discussing the initiatives which make up our current system of laws speaks for my experience in this particular area in the game.

Top Bottom