Term 2 - Nominations for CJ and Associate Justices

GenMarshall

High Elven ISB Capt & Ghost Agent
Night Haven, Vekta, United Systems of Korpulu
All members of the judiciary share several traditional rights and responsibilities:

Post polls and discussion on interpretations of the Constitution, Code of Laws, and Code of Standards.
Do not have Deputies but may appoint Pro-Tem officials (Pro-Tem Justice, Pro-Tem Defendant and Pro-Tem Advocate) if they are unable to fulfill their duties. Pro-Tem officials have all of the rights and responsibilities of the officials they are filling in for but are a temporary position and must surrender their pro-tem status upon the request of the official.
Participate in Judicial Review to determine the legality of proposed amendments, laws and standards.
Initiate and participate in Judicial Review to interpret and clarify existing amendments, laws and standards.
Initiate and participate in Judicial Review to dismiss investigations as having "No Merit".
Post Legislative polls that have passed Judicial Review.

The following duties are assigned to the Associate Justice:

Is tasked with ensuring all public investigations are performed correctly with deference to the presumed innocence of the accused.
Will ensure that the accused understands the charges against them and what rules were purportedly broken so the accused can mount a valid defense.
Will perform as defender, if so wished by the accused.

The following duties are assigned to the Chief Justice:

Perform as needed in the positions of Public Defender and Judge Advocate in the absence of either official.
Is responsible for posting the current census at the beginning of each term.
Is responsible for updating and maintaining the Judicial Log.
Is responsible for monitoring investigation threads to keep them on topic and accurate.

Please Accept or Decline any nominations you receive.

Yours,
The Election Office

I nominate Cyc for Chief Justice

I second Bill_in_PDX and can't believe I forgot to mention him in my noms. :wallbash:

Come on, Bill! Return to the bench. You know you want to. ;)

I'll third Bill_in_PDX and second donsig.

Thanks Strider, but I decline.

I ll second Bootstoots, 4th BiPDX and third donsig

Edit: didnt see zorven in the above posts, but I nth him too, as he has done a good job so far...

I will accept my nomination.

I'll Accept my nomination

Is there no one else interested in upholding the laws of our land? After the events of term 1, I was expecting another 7-person race.

Consider this a thread bump, so that all who are nominated here will know.

I accept my nomination, and hope that this time I don't have to through myself out!

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
I accept my nomination, and hope that this time I don't have to through myself out!

-- Ravensfire

We hope we don't have to throw you out, too! :lol:

j/k ravensfire

Question for all Judicial nominees:

Have you posted your viewpoint/analysis in the current batch of Judicial Review's? If you are a current member of the Judiciary, have you posted any questions in the current batch of JR's?

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by ravensfire
Question for all Judicial nominees:

Have you posted your viewpoint/analysis in the current batch of Judicial Review's? If you are a current member of the Judiciary, have you posted any questions in the current batch of JR's?

-- Ravensfire

Not to all of them, at least, not yet. Time has not been on my side recently...

-- Ravensfire

I appreciate the nominations, but I must decline all nominations this term. I have three weeks of travel in February.

Top Bottom