Term 2- Nominations for Minister of Science

RoboPig

Deity
The Minister of Science is in charge of what choosing what technology to be researched and all Great Scientists

If nominated, please accept or decline
You may nominate yourself
Nominations shall close at 4:00 PM GMT on Jan. 27th

I'm going to put my name on the ballot with a platform of ale and whores (and many other things much more complicated, but due to time restraints must be discussed at a later date.)

As the current Minister of Science, I am seeking re-election. In other words, I nominate myself (and accept).

I would like to nominate myself(and I accept) I would serve the people of the demogames wishes if I was to be elected.

From the stone of Strider
Unkown Date

Strider, Independent Candidate, Science Minister Platform

As I write this, the rain pours down in an endless downpour. It slowly runs down my back, reminding me, subtly, of the discoveries yet unmade. Why am I writing this in the rain? To hell if I know.

Awhile ago, I became of age, and started my search for work. Now, I have many traits, but the foremost of these are my charm, wit, and good-looks. This left me only two real jobs. Politics or prostitution. Of course, I went straight for the more honored job. Unluckily, they didn't have a high demand for male prostitutes.

As such, I am left summing up these few points, to seduce the masses:

• Priority: Researching resource "showing" technologies.
  • Priority: Researching technologies needed for work improvements.
  • Priority: Research technologies that furthers the scientific cause.
  • Research into new methods of warfare and exploration.
  • Research into this concept of "gods."

Contains stamp of authenticity

--------------------

If you have any questions/comments, just ask (or tell.. whatever)!

I'll 2nd Strider. Good luck!

i'm going with strider, though i do wish you gave more priority to religion, it is important for holy cities and such

RoboPig said:
i'm going with strider, though i do wish you gave more priority to religion, it is important for holy cities and such

The first two "priorities" won't last all game, so religion will get more priority once most of the resources are shown, and we have some improvements to build up our cities.

My main focus will be Military, Religion, and Science. Just acquiring resources and building up our cities in the early stages of the game are crucial.

Religion is not important at all. just a waste of time and money! If you go for the agriculture techs you will get good benefits (and beer.)

Religion is good for something.

1 - Better trade relations.
2 - You can see the AI's cities if your state religion has spread into theirs. (They can see ours, conversely)
3 - Shrines give gold for ALL cities with that religion.

Some people try to get all 7 religions to have that powerful monopoly. There's even civics that boost great people/production/commerce based on your state religion. It's nothing to sneeze at. As I asked in the previous term's nominations... Why would you bypass this potential goodness?

Chieftess said:
Religion is good for something.

1 - Better trade relations.
2 - You can see the AI's cities if your state religion has spread into theirs. (They can see ours, conversely)
3 - Shrines give gold for ALL cities with that religion.

Some people try to get all 7 religions to have that powerful monopoly. There's even civics that boost great people/production/commerce based on your state religion. It's nothing to sneeze at. As I asked in the previous term's nominations... Why would you bypass this potential goodness?
Because while the other civs are going for the religious techs we can get all kinds of good technologys and ascend to supremecy in the game.

I think what IamSid is saying is that the early non-missionary religions may be gone, and that we should a0 go for a later one, and b) The citziens wish for agricultural knowledge, cultural path thing, and that until they say otherwise, he being the Citziens choice would follow that.

BCLG100 said:
So would you aim to never get a religion at all? not even one of the later ones?
Well the agricultrural path is the path twords Islam. I just want to represent what you the people vote for.

My re-election campagn platform:

Dear fellow citizens,

You've put your confidence in me by electing me your first Minister of Science. You've supported my work by joining numerous vivid discussions throughout the term. For all that I am tremendously grateful, and I want to thank you by serving you for a second term.

In my previous campagn I emphasized my openness and flexibility as the most important quality of the Minister of Science. I hope you agree with me that I've kept my promises. Since the start of the game, I've established various discussions and polls - as many as no other govornmental official - to collect your ideas and opinions regarding our nations scientific research. I've gladly answered all your questions without significant delay, I've kept you well informed at all times through my office, and I've adhered to your will with my precise instructions to the Designated Players of each Game Session.

For the next term I wish to continue my work in the same open, flexible, and dilligent fashion. I believe to have proven myself and humbly ask you for your renewed confidence and support.

Seems like this might be an interesting race. An incumbent (Blkbird), someone with substantial part support (IamSid), and myself.

Hopefully it's close, I like the close ones.

Anouncement from the hut of IamSid:

The Platform for election of IamSid will be released on Friday January 27th 5:00 eastern time.

Top Bottom