Term 2 - Presidential Office: Mr Smith Goes to Bavaria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eklektikos

Eponymous
Term 1 thread

Welcome to the office of the President in the second term of our great Fanatikan democracy.

The greatest priority now for our nation is to work out just where we are headed, and what kind of power we wish to be. Term 1 saw many strides forward on the domestic, scientific and military fronts, as well as the establishment of contact with many other races.
However we as a nation still lack unity of purpose - a common aim towards which we should focus our efforts, and it is the intention of this administration to set this right. :)

I think former Vice President John Adams has the best statement about my office.

"My country has contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."

Any more important Vice Presidential News will appear in this post. (If there is any).

Congrats to my successors! :D Good luck!

Congratulations my friends. Let's make Fanatika glorious through our leadership and dedication.
-Zarn, Lord Master of The Jedi Knights and Domestic Leader of Fanatika

A poll has been posted to help me decide on this term's Turn Chat schedule.

Eklektikos, as President, you will get to name the city that is to be founded on the iron hill in the next chat. May I ask if you have a name ready, so I can enter it into the Cartogrpahic Office's Registry?

BTW: I will be naming my city 'Octavinium.'

hehe Octavinium, that's super nice! mine will probablly be Plexiaburg, yet this is thread jacking, so, I'll shut up now. Hail to the cheif... ummm... yea. :D

Mr. President, im glad its you!
I hope you will spend time on updating the chat schedule better than your predecessors ;-)

Hey! :p
Try being a mod, AND president. ;)

@ct: ok, so i try to formulate it in another way:
Hope our new president sets his priorities RIGHT ;-P

Originally posted by Octavian X
I think former Vice President John Adams has the best statement about my office.

"My country has contrived for me the most insignificant office that ever the invention of man contrived or his imagination conceived."

Any more important Vice Presidential News will appear in this post. (If there is any).

I love that Qoute :D

And boy does it prove so true... but at least you get to name a city... the US VP just gets to sit in the senate and wait for a tie vote.

So, Mr. Smith...I mean Jimmy...I mean Mr. President, what are your views on a guiding policy for Fanatika? I realize that you would like to form your policy on the will of the people, but as you are a citizen also, I would like to know your views.

Turn Chat Instruction thread has been posted. Please note that this chat will occur at 11pm GMT (6pm EDT) - 1 hour earlier than Term 1's chats.

Originally posted by Falcon02

I love that Qoute :D

And boy does it prove so true... but at least you get to name a city... the US VP just gets to sit in the senate and wait for a tie vote.
Quite untrue. The US VP is generally the most active diplomat we have. He's also responsible for bolstering national goals. Our Fanatikan VP can do much to help the Pres.

Originally posted by Shaitan

Quite untrue. The US VP is generally the most active diplomat we have.

Oh geez, no wonder everyone hates the US. Look who our VPs have been from '88 to today... Especially today.

My insidious liberal agenda aside, good luck to you Mr. Bailey... wait... wrong movie... Mr. President. I'm sure you'll do a fine job, and if you don't, we'll do like all good nations do w/ all bad leaders, we'll kill you. :goodjob:

By the way, will there be a remake of this "Mr. Smith goes to Bavaria?" Like the Mel Gibson remake of Mr. Smith goes to Washington they had on the Simpsons, where Mel kills the entire US senate? It'll keep the Bavarian senete in check... :mad:

Shaitan: True, however that's more of a symbolic acuired role. If you look at the US constitution you will see the VP only officialy has two powers. The ability to submit the Tie Breaking Vote in the evenly numbered senate. And, the ability to assume the role of a president should he become unable to fulfill his role (whether it's from injury, sickness or death)

So, I guess the VP's just got bored and decided to go ahead and start doing Diplomatic work to fill ALL their free time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom