1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Term 2....The City Currently Known As "Falcons Haven"

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game II: Offices' started by robboo, Apr 2, 2007.

1. robboo

robboo Deity

Build Cue

Continue with set build cue as it falls into my idea(discussion thread soon) plans of specializing this city into a gnp/production hybrid.

Worker/settler if needed by nation or barracks if nothing else has come available

Working Tiles..
    Growth but not at the sake of production or gold.

Elder out of town My deputy Falcon will be in charge if anything comes up during the following times.
    April 2 6:30am CDT till April 4 6:00AM
    April 20 AM to April 23 PM

2. robboo

robboo Deity

My trip got moved up...I am out of town from Friday the 13 till the 15th.

3. Methos

Methos HoF Quattromaster Super Moderator Hall of Fame Staff

Elder, or Deputy Elder, do you have any requests for worker jobs?

Chieftain Methos

4. robboo

robboo Deity

let me look.. I will post in your thread...or in my instructions asking.

5. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

Elder Robboo, deputy Falcon02

The next turnchat has been announced, please post your instruction before Monday 23 April 14.00 GMT.

If no instructions are posted, the DP is in charge of orders. Just for your information, this is what I will do if that happens:

Work the floodplain farm, the grassland cottages, the horse pasture, the gold mine and the plains forest. This will not give growth, as the city is at :)-cap.

6. robboo

robboo Deity

yep i will post them :)

I agree on the no growth. I just want it to grow as fast as it can, when we have the happiness to grow it. We could still "grow" it a bit but stop short of increasing population if we see a happiness on the horizon.

7. Falcon02

Falcon02 General

As the Warlord I would like to encourage you to try to produce Chariots in Equus Aurum to help aid in the defense of our nation.

8. robboo

robboo Deity

Ok i will do so...Any other suggestions?

9. Bertie

Bertie Prince

Dutchfire's suggestion of working the gold mine is good: that will give us another 10 beakers of research! A quick rate of research is important if we're trying to reach COL first.

10. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

Elder Robboo,

Confucianism has been founded in your city. Would you consider building a monastry and some missionaries to spread the religion to other cities (for example to NoneOfTheAbove).

11. robboo

robboo Deity

YES I would...And I would hope we can get a great prophet to get us a Shrine.

12. robboo

robboo Deity

We have been working the gold mine....I want to grow our food base more to work the other gold mine. This city is tricky...to little food and valuable tiles get wasted. Some times we may have to give up a bit of gold to get a bit of hammers or extra food.

I will release a comprehensive plan for this city prior to the elections of next term. The founding of a religion here, changes our priorities a bit.

13. grant2004

grant2004 Citizen

I'm glad to see the religion was founded in this city, the commerce bonus from the holy shrine should make this commercial city even greater than we first expected :)

14. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Back to Civ!

With market, grocer and bank adding to the shrine bonus, it should be able to pay for the cost of our civilization before State Property. With the help of courthouses and Forbidden Palace of course.

15. robboo

robboo Deity

The trick will be balancing hammer producing tiles with commerce tiles AND having enough food to work all the necessary tiles.