• Strider

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • zorven

Votes: 5 14.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just to make it official, I am declining any postion in the Judiciary in favor of the Presidency.

Imagine if I declined the Presidency instead, we would have no President :eek:

Congrats to the new Justices!

Ahhh, another term, another Judiciary conundrum......

Under our Constitution and CoL, shouldn't the positions of Bootstoots and Octavian be considered vacancies and thefore subject to appointment by our President?

I repsectfully submit:

Code:
[b]The Constitution[/b]

Article G.  All elected positions shall have a fixed term. All vacant 
            elected positions shall be filled by appointment of a 
            citizen to fulfill the remainder of the term.

Code:
[b]Code of Laws[/b]

H.  Vacant Positions
  1.  Leader positions that remain unfilled after an election 
      shall be filled via appointment by the President. 
    a.  Any citizen may post a refusal poll within 24 hours
        of the appointment.

Unfortunately, I see nothing in any of the Three Books that suggests that refusing one office in favor of another nullifys the results of that election. To this extent, I believe that Octavian and Bootstoots have essentially resigned their posts and that President zorven must now make two appointments for Associate Justice.

Maybe I missed something, and if so, please respond. I will be requesting a Judicial Review on this as well.

I can see how it can be *seen* both ways. IMHO, I hope this is the way you pointed out, as only getting two votes is not being elected.

Also, yes, I do want the poistion. Just bothers me.

Isn't this fun DZ?

It appears Octavian X withdrew from the election before the end of the poll, whereas Bootstoots missed withdrawing by 5 minutes. Therefore the results would be: Ravensfire, Bootstoots, and myself. Bootstoots and myself both "resigned" to take other offices. This would leave 2 vacancies to be filled via apoointment.

That is if I didn't miss something!

Well, I await Zorven to appoint me to AJ :D.

I would like to point out that Octavian and I both withdrew from this election before it was concluded. It would therefore not be a resignation as we were never elected to the post in the first place.

Originally posted by Bootstoots
I would like to point out that Octavian and I both withdrew from this election before it was concluded. It would therefore not be a resignation as we were never elected to the post in the first place.

It appears that according to the time-stamp on your post you missed it by 5 minutes (unless I am converting times incorrectly).

That could be considered correct, but the poll was posted 25 minutes late (or so), but as the elections are supposed to close at 0:00 GMT on the 31st, my withdrawal could be considered a resignation.

I would like to see the Election Office and the Moderators determine the results of this election.

Per our laws, the election process is run by the Election Office, supervised by the Moderators. Would those groups please get together to determine the official results of the election?

Based upon the official results as determined by those in charge of the election process, we will know where the Judiciary stands.

Until then, any other action or request is premature.

I do request that the Election Office and the Moderators expadite that process, and offer my apologies for making such a request.

-- Ravensfire

I think Bootstoots may be right that he withdrew rather than resigned. The law says:

c. Election polls shall start 4 days before the end of the month and run for 3 days.

Therefore, as long as the poll was still within its 3 days of life, Boots could be considered to have resigned.

Always glad to throw the ruleset into turmoil whenever I can... :)

Christ, people, can't you just drop the formalities for once and save yourselves a heck of a lot of trouble?

Boots, myself, and zorven backed out. Let Strider get a spot, and let the last justice be appointed. Anyone who would want to file any sort of official complaint if my solution was used likely has too much time on his hands and should be shot. :goodjob:

*Octavian goes off babbling something about common sense...

Originally posted by Octavian X

Christ, people, can't you just drop the formalities for once and save yourselves a heck of a lot of trouble?

Boots, myself, and zorven backed out. Let Strider get a spot, and let the last justice be appointed. Anyone who would want to file any sort of official complaint if my solution was used likely has too much time on his hands and should be shot. :goodjob:

Octavian, Boots has posted exactly that in the Judicial thread. As an official of the Election Office, that's the solution!

zorven has also posted that he has appointed Peri to the vacant office.

The Judiciary thus is:
Chief Justice: Ravensfire
Associate Justice: Strider
Associate Justice: Peri (pending refusal poll)

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by Octavian X

Common sense? I guess that was what I was lacking when I requested that our laws be interpreted properly. :rolleyes:

Hopefully, I won't be put before the firing squad for requesting a Judicial Review on this matter, which is what I intend to do.

I would have to agree with Donovan here.

It is not so much as an issue of common sense, as much as it is an election. Something we ought not to be interested in expediency over accuracy.

I think it is an example of why combining the judicial election is a mess, especially when it appears half the people involved were only interested in judicial positions as back ups in case they lost their desired elections.

Using this example, we should open all elections to everyone.

I am tired of all this quibbling over issues such as this one. When I posted that, I was sure that it would draw immediate bickering. I feel that my solution is a good and legal one; I see no laws against it. Both DZ's solution and mine are equally valid in this case. Let's just leave it at that.

So pointing out that we once again are screwing up our elections is bickering???????

Top Bottom