Term 2 - Trade - Wishin' There Were a Road

Noldodan

2 years of waiting...
Hello, as you all know, my name is Noldodan, not Nolodan, Nolododan or any other alteration you could think of. :)D) I am the Trade Minister for this term, and Amirsan is my deputy. Regarding Amirsan, if you see that I have not posted either here or in the DG3 forums for two days, you may assume that I have taken an unexepected absence, and he will be assuming my role until I come back after that time. At least, he had better do so.

Anyway, regarding departmental policy for this tem, I believe that the only possible thing that can happen is that we build a road to GC. I will lobby the administration to do so, however, I do not believe that it can be reasonably done without detrimental effects to our relative strength and economy. Until this is done however, I will not have many duties. Thank you all for your time, and good day.

I believe that the only possible thing that can happen is that we build a road to GC. I will lobby the administration to do so, however, I do not believe that it can be reasonably done without detrimental effects to our relative strength and economy
especially considering were gonna be at war with them in a few turns anyway (probably) ;)

Originally posted by CenturionV
especially considering were gonna be at war with them in a few turns anyway (probably) ;)

Well, I was thinking more along the lines that we can't spare the necessary worker. But, even if we do conquer them and build workers to connect, it'll still take to long. Now, if we founded cities in between...

Congrats on your election Noldodan. Good job on getting your thread up and running so quickly. That will go well with this administration. Also, be sure to post any instructions you have (or don't have) in the official instruction thread. That will be the only way to 100% assure yourself of getting the message to the DP this term.

As far as the road to GC... I think we'll be doing exactly that in the coming turns.

I figure we'll need two cities to get to either of the iron sources without putting too much distance between our cities. If we put the first on the gold hills (as discussed earlier), then the eastern iron source is only a stone's throw from there. And, of course, we'll need to connect those sites by roads....

ya, we should set up near the east one first (then we can use it for a military base also) we can always get the other one later GC won't dare try and city/colonize way up there.

Originally posted by FortyJ
As far as the road to GC... I think we'll be doing exactly that in the coming turns.

We will? Wow. I thought it was a long shot, but… :goodjob:

a road to GC is realistic if we are to go for the eastern iron.

amirsan, I would love to comment on what to do with my capitol, but it seemed only 2 people other than me and CenturianV voted for me ;) so I won't be governer. (I'm not being spiteful I swear!)

But I'll say it anyway, since FortyJ already put a lot of thought into this: we want our capitol to grow, and utilize the rivers and such to get lots and lots of trade, thus we still need workers.

Well, Ngoldodanë, it seems you won't have much trading else that tech trading to do. I don't thing well connect another nation to our road network before a very long time. Anyway, congrat for your election.

Originally posted by Fier Canadien
Well, Ngoldodanë, it seems you won't have much trading else that tech trading to do.

Well, since it's still in Elvish, I guess I can count that as saying Noldodan...

Ngoldodanë:
The "Ng" thing is the pre-exilic Quenya Ñoldo (ñ=ng in quenya, tengwar "ngoldo"). It dissapeared along all of the ñ when the Noldor came back in Middle Earth.

The "ë" is there because almost all Quenya names and adjectives that end in a consonnant are diminutive of some other, longer word, but most of the time it is only name+ë.

Where do you learn this stuff? Is there like a Quenya dictionary? I'd love to learn elvish.

And I think this term you will concentrate on connecting the furs, iron, and a road to WAR! umm... err... I mean to GC. Yes.

Hey nodolodolindo, are you hoping to trade with GC for real, or is that road going to benifit you campaign contributers in the iron industry ;)

Originally posted by Gingerbread Man
Where do you learn this stuff? Is there like a Quenya dictionary? I'd love to learn elvish.

And I think this term you will concentrate on connecting the furs, iron, and a road to WAR! umm... err... I mean to GC. Yes.

Go to www.Ardalambion.com, they have tho only Quenya (Elvish) course available, for free. It is however difficult, as all languages are, and not for the faint of heart.

@Hygro: Grrr.....

Top Bottom