Term 3 – Nominations for Governor of Civatonia

Furiey

No Longer Just Lurking
The Governor of Civatonia is responsible for the care, management, and use of the city and may also set up a civic government in any manner they see fit that does not conflict with Fanatikos laws.

The Governor is a member of the Senate which is responsible for choosing a President should an election cycle complete with no citizen elected as President, and for placing Fanatikos in a state of Mobilization. The Senate also has the power to declare War.

Please submit nominations for the Governor of Civatonia in this thread and Accept or Decline any nominations you may receive. Self nominations are allowed. Citizens may only run for one elected position.

Nominations will close and elections open 00:00 GMT on the 27 September (that’s 8pm EDT 26 September).

Please Note: I shall start closing the nomination threads and posting the polls approx 1½ hours early at 22:30 GMT (6:30 PM EDT), 26 September.

I'll nominate myself and accept, and I'll also nominate Ginger_Ale.

i second both candidates.

As for a question, because of the close call with war with Germany and the War with Persia. As well with the looming threat of France with them breathing down our necks how will this effect the build queue for Civatonia. It is and will continue to be front line defender and offensive producer, therefore with war imminet in our future what units will you build. Or if you decide to go with some culture here and there or make Civatonia a cultural city what improvements would you build?

I think CT and I will have a pretty similar answer, but here goes:

Civatonia, without food bonuses or coastal access like other cities, is pure production. Multiple bonus grasslands, hills, mountains, forests, and regular grassland support that. My plan for the city is swords, the most powerful unit in the AA. Working 5 mined BGs and 1 regular mined grassland at size 6 will allow us for a net of (5*2 + 1 + 1 city center) * .77 non-corruption = 9 shields per turn. 4 turn swords is nice, but I believe we can get to 10 shields per turn (3 turn swords). Once we grow to size 7, not only will we have 10.01 spt (rounded to 10 spt), we will also save 4 gpt in unit costs.

The only improvements I would consider would be a marketplace as we would use all the gold we can get. Civatonia is war central.

I second both candidates and ask this question:

Will you request for more workers to improve tiles in your city radius, or do you feel they will be needed elsewhere?

We definately need some more worker improvements in order to sustain the level of production for quick military units. Right now (410 BC, my other comments were pre-410 BC) we have 5 mined BGs and we still have 1 left to mine, not to mention the other grassland than can be mined (/irrigated with mined hills).

I do think that they shouldn't improve more tiles than the pop + 2, otherwise it is a waste.

As Ginger_Ale said, our answers will be very much alike, as we're similarly skilled players. (demigod level+)

The goal definately is 10spt, and now that we can build aqueducts, we can. The capital is a settler/worker factory, which should have been building workers into the surrounding cities to increase their size/get more workers. It hasn't, but at anyrate, it can provide extra workers, of which some could be allocated to Civatonia. I always like to have atleast 3 workers in a group. We need about 2 more tiles mined and roaded before it needs to increase in size. We'll also need some irragation for increased growth, but only after getting out of Republic, and if we won't have any workers built into the city.

Yes, the city currently has a small amount of corruption, but, we're also not in Republic. If we can switch to Republic, we can knock off a corruption point or two, and increase the city size to use the iron on the hill. It'll be at size 6, with no surplus, but at the maximum spt (10-11spt). Our city goal for production is almost met, and will continue to churn out swords. Only one more tile is needed for this city, and that is the iron on the moutain. Our swordsmiths and blacksmiths are happily hammering away over here at the thought of it! :D

Just to note -- for the time being, as we don't have an aqueduct yet, size 6 is the limit, so having 2 surplus food will quickly become a waste, thus the mountain option. (Iron + mountain gives 2spt).

Now, our goals for the middle ages -

Once our wars are over, we WILL need a temple/cathedral (a possibility) to allow it past size 6 without causing much trouble to use the lux slider (we don't have a lot of luxuries). My goal is to help it become a hamlet (lots of forests to supliment the mining). We will irragate the surrounding land (one of those forests to the south could have a bonus tile underneath), and build forests, with the required tech, to give us an extra 2 shields in non-bonus grassland.

So, our goals are two-fold:

Immediate - Get 10-11 spt, and be in republic.
Longterm - Distribute irragation and forestation to make the most use out of the land so that we can get the maximum spt total possible. Quite possibly, atleast 15spt.

To clarify the worker actions - They're almost done here. If we choose to go into Republic, then they're done. We only need it to reach size 6 and use the mountain. Otherwise, there's a bonus grassland left to mine, and the city will need an aqueduct. But, hopefully we switch to Republic...

Indeed, if we switch to a Republic, we will gain another spt to 9 spt @ size 5.
If we mine the other BG SSW of Civatonia, we will have 6 spt * 2 + 1 for city center = 13. Currently in Despotism, that would be 10 spt! In Republic, that is still 10 - so priority right now is to (a) mine other BG, (b) be in Republic, and (c) build up production.

However, I would do it a bit differently than Chieftess - I would make use of the 2 hills we have first, by irrigating grassland and mining hills for an additional shield. I would also chop down trees and replace them once we get Engineering for the 10 shield bonus and also to see if there is a BG (don't replant if there is a BG).

There is lots of production to be harnessed from this city (4 spt from one iron mountain :D ).

Civantonia candidates,

As your current President, I would like to assure you that our entry to Republic will likely carry out this game session.

I will be posting a poll shortly on the timeline.

Ginger_Ale said:
Indeed, if we switch to a Republic, we will gain another spt to 9 spt @ size 5.
If we mine the other BG SSW of Civatonia, we will have 6 spt * 2 + 1 for city center = 13. Currently in Despotism, that would be 10 spt! In Republic, that is still 10 - so priority right now is to (a) mine other BG, (b) be in Republic, and (c) build up production.

However, I would do it a bit differently than Chieftess - I would make use of the 2 hills we have first, by irrigating grassland and mining hills for an additional shield. I would also chop down trees and replace them once we get Engineering for the 10 shield bonus and also to see if there is a BG (don't replant if there is a BG).

There is lots of production to be harnessed from this city (4 spt from one iron mountain :D ).

Yep, which is why I can't wait for Republic and Engineering. :D

Should be a lot of fun finding the maximum spt value. (I was guessimating in the above post, BTW. I could study it more in depth later today...)

Furiey said:
I think we got Engineering as our free tech for entering the next age.

You are correct, Furiey. :) So it sounds like the candiates will have everything they need for their hypotheticals. Now this race should really take off!

Growth/production pattern:

@ size 6: 6 mined bonus grassland (13 spt total) (14/12 food, 2 surplus)
@ size 7: add 1 irrigated horses (13 spt total) (17/14 food, 3 surplus)
@ size 8: add 1 forest or mined hill if worker nearby (15/16 spt) (18/16 food, 2 surplus)
@ size 9: add 1 irrigated river tile (15/16 spt) (21/18 food, 2 surplus)
@ size 10: add 1 forest or mined hill if worker nearby (17/19 spt) (22/20 food, 2 surplus)
@ size 11: add 1 mined grassland (or bonus grassland if one is under a forest) (18/20 or 19/21 spt) (24/22 food, 2 surplus)
@ size 12: add 1 mined iron mountain (22/24 or 21/25 spt) (24/24 food, 0 surplus - maxed out at production)

This will give us 22-25 spt depending on different tiles and whether or not there is a bonus grassland. We get some rapid growth with 3 excess food sometimes. You could also switch bits of it around to get the two irrigated grassland and 1 mined grassland first to get it high in population and then add on the high production tiles. I will see which one is more profitable at the time, of course.

Also, all trees will be chopped and reinstated for the shield bonus.

Top Bottom